Curtis Kam's First Chicago Area Lecture April 7 !!

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.
Tom Dobrowolski

Curtis Kam's First Chicago Area Lecture April 7 !!

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » March 27th, 2008, 9:33 am

Monday April 7 at 7:00 Midwest Magic is proud to host Curtis Kam in his FIRST (and exclusive) Chicago area lecture. You don't want to miss this opportunity to see Curtis in action. Here's some of what Curtis has to say about the lecture:

"I'll be traveling with four different sets of notes, and since this is my first time in Chicago, I thought I'd do a little of everything. I'll do the standup/stage lecture. Even that one has one coin effect. I'll probably also do some of the stuff from the last lecture (2007) "By All Means".

My production of a dozen coins, and a pen, from a coin purse that only holds three,

My script for Cardiographic that makes the effect moving as well as memorable,

The world's easiest handling of Hanging Coins

Sam the Bellhop with a jumbo deck

A standup coins through table that makes sense

The latest Triple change spellbound meshed into two copper one silver

A seashell that can replace your card to wallet.

Basically four different lectures rolled into one, coins, cards, cups, standup and close up. And I can answer any questions they might have about just about any aspect of performance. Four of the lectures I've done at the Magic Castle, One just for the New York Coin Symposium, and the last is brand new releases culled from 35 years in magic. Check out ckhmagic.com for more info.about the material."

Call or stop in today to reserve your spot for this unique lecture.

Midwest Magic
9706 Franklin Av.
Franklin Park, IL 60131
http://www.midwestmagic.net
847-455-4288

Tom Dobrowolski

Re: Curtis Kam's First Chicago Area Lecture April 7 !!

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » April 1st, 2008, 9:24 am

Coming up next Monday. Call or stop in today to reserve your spot for this unique and first ever lecture in Chicago.

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » April 2nd, 2008, 1:15 am

Curtis has an excellent set of notes on Lulu.com, called The Pocketbook, which is a collection of info gathered from his many years of performing coin magic for laymen. No tricks, just a ton of good advise from someone who knows whereof he speaks.

Doug Brewer

Postby Doug Brewer » April 2nd, 2008, 1:03 pm

Curtis lectured in San Diego about a year ago. It was an excellent lecture and did not require "palms of steel" for what he was teaching. You'll learn a lot from this magic veteran.

Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » April 5th, 2008, 9:30 pm

I had the opportunity to session with Curtis on my visit to Hawaii this past Jamuary. It was great. He has so much to offer magicians. I was able to talk him into stopping off in Chicago on his way home from a convention on the East coast to do this lecture.

Remember it's this Monday !!

Bill Wheeler

Postby Bill Wheeler » April 8th, 2008, 10:20 am

That lecture was a lot of fun; with a nice range of interesting material with coins, cards and other objects (and even theory too). I say all this as a guy primarily devoted to cards.
Driver: Callaway FT-5
Irons: Titlest AP-1
Wedges: Vokey 52,58,64
Putter: i-series Black #9

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”