Jolly Roger's Daycare System!

Discuss the art of Children's Entertainment with your fellow performers.

Jolly Roger's Daycare System!

Postby Guest » July 16th, 2007, 11:18 am

http://www.comicmagician.com/page_child ... hools.html

I do hundreds of shows at daycares and preschools every year. How is this possible? I go to many of the same centers every month with a different educational show. Yes, you need a lot of material.......but I find the system works like a dream. I thought I would share this concept with you all to celebrate the one week anniversary of Richard starting the "Children's Entertainment" area of this wonderful forum. I think we have some good discussions going over here. It would be nice if some other children's entertainers would be prepared to "tip" their systems for success in this lucrative field. JR

Re: Jolly Roger's Daycare System!

Postby Guest » July 21st, 2007, 10:13 am

Jolly Roger -
I talked a little about my daycare/preschool work in another thread, but I was wondering about your year of monthly daycare programs. Do you have 12 distinct themed shows that don't repeat trick-wise, or do you sometimes use the same tricks but with different patter/routines to fit different themes? It sounds like you do more non-repeating material, but I was just wondering.

Charley

PS - I just found an answer in one of your other posts - you indeed have 12 distinct shows. But I'm going to leave this post here anyway in case it might spark the interest of another reader. Having a year's worth of separate programs is a great idea.

Postby Guest » July 22nd, 2007, 11:59 am

Yes Charley...........every show is different. That is 6 solid hours of entertainment by my mathematics, as I have 12 30 minute themed shows. And I have met children's entertainers who only have one 45 minute show, that never changes!! JR

Postby Guest » July 25th, 2007, 11:24 am

Jolly Roger,

I also do a variety of shows to enable and enhance repeat bookings. I have a total of five holiday shows, a storytime show, a girl scouts show, a boy scouts show, and of course, a birthday show. It has taken alot of work, but I feel it is worth the effort.

BTW, big thanks to Richard for starting this new discussion area on the forum !

Mark Pettey
ROBBiE the RiNGMASTER'S
CiRCUS of MAGIC!
Naples, FL

Postby Guest » August 7th, 2007, 10:18 pm

"BTW, big thanks to Richard for starting this new discussion area on the forum ! "

As you know, I am also delighted that Richard has started this area. However, it seems to me that it is not proving as popular as I had hoped, and I think all children's entertainers should get out the word about this. There are more people on the planet making good money entertaining children than any other branch of this profession. I seem to be almost the only one here starting new topics, and I hate to monopolise this area!! Where are the rest of you? JR

Postby Guest » August 8th, 2007, 12:09 am

I'm feelin' deja vu... ;)

Do NOT take long silences personally: it is statistically overwhelming that unfortunately most people will never post.

Do not give-up yet--your presence has livened-up this place considerably.

Postby Guest » August 8th, 2007, 8:23 am

"Do NOT take long silences personally: it is statistically overwhelming that unfortunately most people will never post.

Do not give-up yet--your presence has livened-up this place considerably."

Wow! Thank you CD! But why don't people post? This is a mystery to me. Surely a magic forum is all about give and take. If you never post, does that not make you a taker and not a giver? Having been in the business of entertaining children all over the world for 40 years, I have much to offer. However, there needs to be two sides to the equation in my opinion. Maybe some of the lurkers who never post could tell us why they don't? Although...........come to think of it, that is unlikely to happen, as it will change the habbit! JR

Postby Guest » August 8th, 2007, 2:11 pm

We think alike, brother--you may find the following thread as educational as did I:

http://geniimagazine.com/forum/cgi-bin/ ... 914#000000

--Best, Dave Cox

Postby Guest » August 8th, 2007, 11:48 pm

That is most interesting, Dave. What is even more interesting is that finally we get someone other than myself to start a new thread by the name of Glenn Bishop, and I make a comment on the thread about "What is a professional costume" as it relates to children's entertainment, and the post has vanished! Very strange!! JR

Return to “Children's Entertainment”