Deathy Hallows.........Tonight is the big night!!

Discuss the art of Children's Entertainment with your fellow performers.

Deathy Hallows.........Tonight is the big night!!

Postby Guest » July 20th, 2007, 7:26 pm

Tonight is the night!!! I have to confess that I am very excited. In two hours I leave for The Glendale Public library for my 11pm. Harry Potter show. The library is a proper library. It has real theatre seating, stage lighting etc. It will take me just short of an hour to set up this show. With a castle backdrop, and many special effects for this show, this takes me longer than normal!! It is my third Harry Potter show today, and I have library shows all day tomorrow! It takes me about 5 minutes to set up my birthday party show! So here is my question:

Do you, as children's entertainers, get more excited about some shows than others? I love my work, and enjoy every show I do. However, when a momentous event like this comes around, the adreniline certainly flows. I get so pumped up....and I know this will be my best show ever!! It is like the time in London when I was heading off to a birthday party in Kensington, and I was told that Bodyguards would be in attendance, as young Prince William was a guest! What were your favorite shows? Am I alone in the excitement about tonight? JK Rowling has done wizards around the globe a wonderful service over the last ten years. I will be sad when it is all over..........truly very sad!! JR

P.S. The Harry Potter bus came to Phoenix the other day:

http://www.comicmagician.com/page_childrens_potter.html

Re: Deathy Hallows.........Tonight is the big night!!

Postby Guest » July 22nd, 2007, 12:02 pm

Well..............it's over, and was indeed a wonderful and inspirational event. We had around 700 muggles watching my show, culminating in the Cloth of Invisibility, and the production of the book to a standing ovation!! A very exiting and memorable night. It would be interesting to hear how the event went for others who were performing on Friday night! JR

Return to “Children's Entertainment”