The Little Darlings are Dark!!

Discuss the art of Children's Entertainment with your fellow performers.

The Little Darlings are Dark!!

Postby Guest » December 11th, 2007, 4:57 pm

My eyes have occasionally wandered over to "The Little Darlings" on The Magic Cafe in recent weeks. Can anyone tell me what on earth is going on over there? The posts are some of the strangest I have ever seen......discussing such subjects as vegitarian magicians! Plus there are many posts by dealers who only seem interested in selling their wares! It seems that many of the good creative posters have left for greener pastures. Now that the Cafe is down, maybe this is a good opportunity for some of the children's entertainers here on the Genii to give this area a new lease of life!! JR

Re: The Little Darlings are Dark!!

Postby Guest » December 11th, 2007, 5:18 pm

Why, people that ONLY ever post when they have something to sell?!
It's an OUTRAGE!!

Thankfully that never happens here!
In fact, I couldn't off the top of my head list 10 or 20 well-known names that do just that, because everybody here treats the Forum as a fun give-and-take brainstorming arena, and contributes out of generosity and helpfulness! Nobody ever ONLY posts to crassly profit off such a unique and historic venue or ONLY chimes in to reference a product of theirs available for a reasonable price!!

Postby Guest » December 11th, 2007, 5:25 pm

I would have to agree with Roger. Discussing Vegetarianism on the cafe, it would be reasoned, has only been left in the little Darlings because it's one of the only live discussion going on in that dying section.
I think people got sick of the childish editing and deleting of posts. It's only common sense, a person devotes their own time to express heart-felt emotions, most without anything offensive, and because they aren't always "nicey nicey" in a plastic-"don't disturb the idiots"way...it's going to upset a lot of people eventually.
"Gee, I can't respond the way I want to...so for a while I'll try and "get along"..well this keeps happening, so what's the point of being here!" would be an internal dialogue I'm guessing that's been adopted by a few.
Some of the staff over the years on there have done the same....personally I'm so sick of them I rarely even like to go over unless Roger, Tony James, Kimmo, George, Danny Hustle, Chad of Cincy, Frank Starsini, Al Angelo or those of that caliber are over there...

Postby Guest » December 11th, 2007, 6:36 pm

"Some of the staff over the years on there have done the same....personally I'm so sick of them I rarely even like to go over unless Roger, Tony James, Kimmo, George, Danny Hustle, Chad of Cincy, Frank Starsini, Al Angelo or those of that caliber are over there..."

I am delighted, Chris, that you include me in this list of notables! However, I have not been allowed to post on there for over a year, for reasons that have never been explained to me, and which none of my friends in the world of Children's entertainment understand! Someone else on your list, Frank Starsini, was also given a lifetime ban for something to do with a pocket in an egg bag!! However, his ban was revoked after 24 hours, thanks to the intervention of Johnny Thompson!! JR

Postby Guest » December 11th, 2007, 7:30 pm

You're absolutely right, Roger! I think it's because we talk about the cafe on the Buskers just enough that I would swear you're on there!
I remember your ban. I actually think that many sponsors there not only simply have fun talking about their products as you did, but they really abuse it. They aren't outright, they're sneaky about it many times..every time one of their topics drops down for a while one of their followers is sure to revive it a few days later.
Frank was very fortunate that Johnny stepped in for him. Once, Johnny and I were caught in a horrible shoot-out with Canadian Mounties at Niagra Falls...there were bowling balls, beer cans and free pharmacy refill bottles being catapulted at us as we did the Houdini Barrel escape while plummeting over the Falls....all while Johnny sling-shot Polish Sausages (many Mounties had their eyes shot out from these) and I threw Magic Makers Scrap Metal at them) or was that some weird dream?
Well, here we are at Genii, which many times reminds me of some kind of Baker Street Flat with overstuffed chairs, a roaring fire and plenty of "hot tottie" to go round. I like it!
A gentleman's club this is! SCANDALOUS!

Postby Guest » December 11th, 2007, 10:10 pm

You are correct, Chris. In the early days I did talk about my products quite a bit over on the green place. I was also a paid advertiser. However, I was always up front and "in your face" about it. I was an unknown quantity at the time, unlike other better known dealers like Axtell, Wolf, Creative, Mitchell, Kaye, amongst others. I felt I needed this exposure, and it worked favourably for me. When I was told to stop promoting myself, I did. What is happening now is, as you correctly say, many dealers are constantly promoting their products in devious ways, and they have friends who help bring their threads to the top. I think this is outrageous, and is one reason the LD is going downhill. The place is also over ridden with "wannabee" children's entertainers, who ignore the advice of the few good professionals on there like yourself, Tony James, Kimmo and Danny Hustle, and believe that all you need is to go to your favourite magic dealer, buy a self working prop, and that makes you a good children's entertainer. Amazing!!! JR

Postby Guest » December 14th, 2007, 10:13 pm

So I take it some computer thingy broke over at the cafe that in its suction took down the buskers board?
Steve V

Postby Guest » December 14th, 2007, 11:43 pm

"So I take it some computer thingy broke over at the cafe that in its suction took down the buskers board?
Steve V "

Hello there Steve! It looks like you know about as much about computers as I do!! I am sure you are right! :rolleyes: JR

Postby Guest » December 15th, 2007, 11:27 am

Maybe they unplugged it. I did that once and it cost me a $50 house visit by a tech to tell me.

Postby Guest » December 15th, 2007, 9:57 pm

It is saturday night, and I am just back from a very busy day to find that The Magic Cafe is back on, but not the Buskers. Hopefully the Buskers will soon be back!! JR

Postby Guest » December 20th, 2007, 4:50 pm

I'm bummed about the fact my avatar pic is gone since Busker's started up again. :(

Postby Guest » December 20th, 2007, 6:16 pm

Originally posted by Barefoot Boy:
I'm bummed about the fact my avatar pic is gone since Busker's started up again. :(
Just upload it again. The system they're using (which is damn nice, and what I use myself) is phpBB 3 and it should allow that easily.

Postby Guest » December 20th, 2007, 9:20 pm

Paul..........you are a mentalist, but I will perform true magic. Your Avatar will have returned in a few minutes. Trust me, and let me know if I am correct!! JR

Postby Guest » December 26th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Thank you Chris & Jolly.. My avatar is back and once again I am at peace with the universe! :)

Return to “Children's Entertainment”