A source for bubbles?

Discuss the art of Children's Entertainment with your fellow performers.

A source for bubbles?

Postby Guest » August 25th, 2007, 4:03 am

I have a trick called "Wonder Bubbles". You blow some bubbles, and "catch" one. It is solid. I'm looking for a source of these bubbles for a give away.

Have any of you found a cheap source? I'm not a pro. This is for my grandaughter and the neighborhood kids.

Thanks for your help,
Steve Proescher

Keith Raygor

Re: A source for bubbles?

Postby Keith Raygor » August 25th, 2007, 5:58 am

Here's a place that will sell you just one for $2.90/Ea.
http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product ... e5d34a6c7f

I have ordered from them before, as was very pleased with their product and service. The balls were crystal clear.

Also, I ordered a bag of 10 for $25.50 from this next place about 15 days ago.
http://www.jmkdisplays.com/shapes.html
Product # ACRB-150 1.5" BALL $2.55/Ea.
I haven't received them yet, and haven't ordered from them before. I understand you only want one, but maybe a call to them could convince them to sell you only one.

As a last resort, I was able to buy a few from Tannens last time I was in there a few years ago. They had bucket of them, but the quality was not as good as Tapp Plastics.
www.KeithTheMagician.com
www.TheMusicalMindreader.com

Postby Guest » August 25th, 2007, 10:41 am

Thanks, Keith. I'd like to have a few for give aways for the grandchild and neighborhood kids.

I'll be in Naples in November. Are you still performing at the Watermark Grill?

Keith Raygor

Postby Keith Raygor » August 25th, 2007, 8:09 pm

Yes, still there. Please stop in and say hello when you (or anyone else) are in the neighborhood. I would love to meet you.

Eric Henning has a wonderful trick called 'The World's Best Birthday Trick' in which you pass out smaller bubbles to people, to keep.

If you're able to locate it, the story that goes along with it, as well as the idea behind the props is unforgettable to people. Its a gem.
www.KeithTheMagician.com

www.TheMusicalMindreader.com

Postby Guest » August 26th, 2007, 4:06 am

Thanks, Keith. Will look for Eric's trick. See you in November.

Postby Guest » September 25th, 2007, 3:55 pm

Hi.

Probably too late for what your needs, but if you contact Best Magic in Anaheim

Best Magic
625 S Magnolia Av
Anaheim, CA 92804

(714) 306-7097

They have nearly clear super balls for the effect. Very nice. Grab a bubble. Show for a moment as solid, then bounce it. The balls will change color in sunlight (either light pink or light purple - bubbles blush when you make them solid) but will revert to near clear in about 30 seconds to a minute inside.

Don't know the going price right now, but less than the acrylic balls and something that's actually a toy after the trick is over.

Return to “Children's Entertainment”