PCAM 2005 on a cruise ship!

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.
Shawn Farquhar

PCAM 2005 on a cruise ship!

Postby Shawn Farquhar » January 9th, 2005, 7:16 pm

Hey if you are looking for a different type convention of magic that your spouse will want to attend...try cruising!

As the President of PCAM I am hosting this years convention on the ms Norwegian Star as it cruises from Vancouver, BC to Los Angeles, CA with stops in Seattle, Wa; Victoria, BC; and Astoria, Oregon.

Drop by my website for dates and details...

Did I mention it is really cheap?

www.magiChampion.com

Cheers,

Shawn Farquhar
Shawn Farquhar

"if you can't laugh at yourself, you're just not getting the joke."

David Acer

Re: PCAM 2005 on a cruise ship!

Postby David Acer » January 9th, 2005, 8:32 pm

If Shawn's running it, you can bet it'll be great.
Now tweeting daily from @David_Acer

George Olson

Postby George Olson » January 10th, 2005, 10:52 am

At the PCAM here in Portland you mentioned to me that you might be selling your "Cups." The prototypes looked great and your routine was fantastic.

Just curious...

GO

Shawn Farquhar

Postby Shawn Farquhar » January 10th, 2005, 5:40 pm

I have a couple of hundred sets sitting in my living room..But I have one more trip to FISM before I will be releasing the cups and routine to the magic world.

Thanks for asking ...

You can see me do it at PCAM 2005 and enjoy the cruise too!
Shawn Farquhar

Shawn Farquhar

Postby Shawn Farquhar » January 10th, 2005, 5:42 pm

Oh and thanks for the vote of confidence Dave! You are way too kind *blushing*. I wish you hadn't been at PCAM 2004 so I could have had you on 2005...you were awesome there ...
Shawn Farquhar

BlueEyed Videot
Favorite Magician: Max Maven, Ray Anderson

Postby BlueEyed Videot » January 10th, 2005, 7:31 pm

Shawn, the links from the PCAM convention page to the details of the convention (stage shows, close up shows, & etc.) don't appear to be working. Any talent line-ups or convention details yet? :confused:

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » January 10th, 2005, 11:37 pm

Shawn,
BOOK HIM AGAIN!

Shawn Farquhar

Postby Shawn Farquhar » January 11th, 2005, 11:54 am

Hi Richard,

The links at the bottom are not active yet. PCAM has this rule about not lisiting acts for the first phase of registration. It has worked well for them for the past decade or so but it does confuse folks who haven't attended before.

First phase ends at the start of February, at which time I will announce a few of the names I have currently contracted.

The schedule of events will come out about the same time. It will be a balanced schedule allowing folks to see the ports, take in a few of the ships activities, see, do and learn a whole lot of magic and eat all the food they can hold.

I can tell you the acts I have and will book are performers who can do a full hour production of orignal material. I want this year to be a little different. Instead of just seeing their best ten minutes I want my registrants to see thier body of work. The real stuff they do to make a living, not just for magicians. Following each performers show will be a question and answer period where you wil have the chance to ask the important stuff. Following that they will do their lecture and have an opportunity to sell their products. I don't believe this format has ever been done before.

The cruise itself is being sold to the general public and is selling out rather quick. I know I have over 100 registered so far, which was more than I had anticipated, but space is running out since the cabins are so cheap.

Hope this answered your questions ...

Cheers,

Shawn
Shawn Farquhar

BlueEyed Videot
Favorite Magician: Max Maven, Ray Anderson

Postby BlueEyed Videot » January 11th, 2005, 1:23 pm

Thanks for the reply, Shawn! After a promise of a tour of Vancouver and Buchart gardens, I've obtained the OK from the spousal unit. Looks like we'll be sailing together.

Now if we can just get Biro, Tabby, and a few more refugees from the old "Magic!" bbs, we could have a reunion...

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”