Going to Chicago

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.

Going to Chicago

Postby Guest » October 22nd, 2005, 8:56 pm

I am from Seattle, WA and I am heading to Chicago and I am looking for anything having to do with magic. I was wondering if there are any magic stores or shops that are really good to check out. Maybe there is a convention that is going on that I should check out of even a jam session to go to. Hope to hear from you.

Re: Going to Chicago

Postby Guest » October 22nd, 2005, 11:45 pm

Dear Friend,

You have picked a great time to visit the Windy City! There is a lot of magic happening these days in Chicago, listed below are a few options to consider:

Haunting History (Starring David Parr). Five performances: October 25, 8:00 PM; October 26, 8:00 PM; October 28, 10:30 PM; October 30, 7:00 PM; October 31, 8:00 PM. Tickets $20. No one under 17 admitted. Lakeshore Theater: 3175 North Broadway. For tickets call: (773) 472-3492

MAGIC Incorporated
5082 N. Lincoln Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
773-334-2855
Jay Marshall's Legacy Lives at Chicago's Oldest Magic Shop!

Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » October 25th, 2005, 6:11 am

If you're around Friday don't miss this lecture. Midwest Magic is about 10 minutes from O'Hare Airport.

www.midwestmagic.net

Midwest Magic, Franklin Park, Il.

On Friday, October 28 at 7:00 p.m.,

Bill Goldman returns to Chicago for an exclusive lecture.

There is a small handful of very successful industrial show performers. Bill Goldman is one of them. Contributing Editor to MAGIC Magazine and a regular columnist--Traveling Tales for GENII Magazine, his lecture combines excellent magic effects with jokes and amusing anecdotes about experiences he has had while working at trade shows for some of the world's largest corporations. He has performed and lectured throughout North America, Europe and the Far East and is creator of Monkey in the Middle, KONA, The Stooge Deck, Mental Yarn, Magic Shoes, Worlds Greatest Card Trick and more--his one man Linking Ring Parade brought him the IBM Award for Best Effect for two years! Dont miss this great evening of magic! Tickets are $20 and seating, as usual, is limited and in order of reservation, so call today! (847) 455-4288

Necromancer

Postby Necromancer » October 25th, 2005, 4:33 pm

You might also want to see the longest running theatrical magic show in the city, "Supernatural Chicago," as reviewed in the January 2005 issue of Genii.

Or "The Houdini Seance," which is being presented on behalf of the Chicago Assembly of the Society of American Magicians.

For more about both of these events, please visit www.SupernaturalChicago.com

Thanks,
Neil Tobin
Neil Tobin, Necromancer

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”