Looking for Magic in California

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.

Looking for Magic in California

Postby Guest » August 27th, 2006, 10:30 am

Greetings friends,

I live in the Czech Republic and am planning a visit first to San Jose, CA, from Aug 30-Sept 7 and then to LA from Sept 7-17th.

Naturally, I am looking forward to seeing magic hangouts out there, especially the Magic Castle, of which I am not a member. I understand the occassional traveler may gain access through the charitable invitation of a member, and am wondering if anyone out there would be willing to provide me and my companion with guest passes.

Also, I'd like to take advantage of seeing other magic happenings while i'm out west. If there are other events, shows, or even magicians working at restaurants in the area, I'd love it if you folks out there would let me know, or could point me to a reference guide.

Thanks so much for your help.

With warmest regards,
Damian Odess-Gillett

Re: Looking for Magic in California

Postby Guest » August 27th, 2006, 11:13 am

San Jose... email this fellow will_chandler@comcast.net as he has a gathering at his house on pretty much every Friday night in Sunnyvale, just a few minutes from San Jose (depending on where you are staying). You will be about 45 minutes from the magic joint in Martinez, Ca, I think it is California Magic and they put on shows, also Fridays. Also 45 minutes to an hour away is San Francisco. I can't tell you what is going on there but there are folks here who can.
Steve V

Postby Guest » August 27th, 2006, 12:23 pm

Good suggestion for Cal Magic there Steve.

Here's the link so he can check it out.

http://www.calmagic.com/

Postby Guest » August 28th, 2006, 10:06 pm

Great, thanks for your help guys!

Damian

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » August 28th, 2006, 10:47 pm

What part of the Republic do you live? I forget the spelling but have been to Kutna Ora (phonetic) as well as Prague and a few other places and enjoyed the trip and the people.

when in Los Angeles you need to come to Dean Dill's shoppe in Glendale. He's open from 12 noon on Wednesday's through Saturdays.
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » August 29th, 2006, 11:32 am

Kutna Hora! Neat place. I hope you saw the Bone Church there; it's a one of a kind.

Prague is certainly beautiful, and if anyone reading this ever has a chance to visit, please let me know. I will happily be your guide.

Thanks for the advice Pete; i'm excited to see the magic shops out there, and knew only of Hollywood Magic.

Still haven't figured out passes to the Magic Castle yet, but am prepared to give the Castle a call when i arrive in San Jose tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Regards,
Damian

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”