Southern California besides the Magic Castle

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.
magicbar

Southern California besides the Magic Castle

Postby magicbar » November 24th, 2004, 10:24 am

Where can one see and hang with magicians in So Cal (LA area specifically) other than the Magic Castle?

Anyone know of bars, restaurants, etc..to just get together?

I have been to some restaurants but the performing magician won't talk magic (because they only know their magic shop tricks) and it is bad form to perform in someone else's venue. But if there is a place, let us know here. Even a deli for brunch or lunch or a magic shop or ?

I dig the Castle but due to hours and its very format you just can't go for weekday lunch or a casual hour or two...

Re: Southern California besides the Magic Castle

Postby Guest » November 24th, 2004, 6:35 pm

Come on into the Magic Apple in Studio City one day and chat! I know it is not exactly a magic castle but I always like to meet new people!

magicbar

Postby magicbar » November 26th, 2004, 8:55 am

I read about you ..can't remember where, but i am near Studio City and I'll look you up unless you email me your address/hours at:magicbar@cs.com.

Great! a place to mix!

Postby Guest » November 27th, 2004, 12:11 am

hmmm! I guess i will have to drop in a well some time. I live in North Hollywood

Halcon

Postby Guest » December 3rd, 2004, 1:20 pm

It was nice meeting you the other day, come on by anytime!!

Postby Guest » December 3rd, 2004, 8:04 pm

Brent, it was good meeting you as well. I will definitely be going back.

to anyone in the Studio City area make sure to stop by "The Magic Apple". Cool place to hang out. just ignore the guy behind the counter... Just Kidding!

Halcon

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » December 13th, 2004, 6:12 pm

The hot guys, like Michael Weber, John Carney, R. Paul Wilson, Shoot Ogawa, Armando, Peter Mui, Monte Smith, Marty Kaplan, Dr. Bill, Jamie Schoolcraft, and others... can often be found at Dean Dill's Shoppe in Glendale.
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » December 20th, 2004, 9:11 am

pete....your everywhere!!!!! yeah,pete's right, i would go from culver city to glendale just to hang out at dean's, that's the spot & you never know who you might meet or what you might see.do yourselves a favor.

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”