In Dallas, TX

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.

In Dallas, TX

Postby Guest » October 12th, 2005, 2:15 pm

I just got into Dallas, TX and I am looking for anything having to do with magic. I Was wondering if there are any magic stores. also if there are any sessions or resturants to stop by and check out some magicians. Also, I am from Seattle, WA

John Wilson

Re: In Dallas, TX

Postby John Wilson » October 12th, 2005, 4:14 pm

check the thread HERE also the Dallas Magic club can be found HERE . No upcoming lectures that I know of.

Robert Sixx

Postby Robert Sixx » October 12th, 2005, 5:36 pm

You can check out Diamond Jim Tyler's shop, Magical Gadgets, in Frisco. It is on Preston Road about 2 1/2 miles North of Hwy. 121.

Are you visiting or moving in?

Sixx

Postby Guest » October 12th, 2005, 6:17 pm

My hotel is right on preston rd. just north of 121 so maybe its in walking distance.

I am just visiting till sunday then off to st. louis, I am doing a promo for a new tv show in the center of the stonebar mall on the weekend

Richard Perrin

Postby Richard Perrin » October 29th, 2007, 3:51 pm

I am in Colleyville, TX to spend with my brother in law for a week. Is there something magic related around here or near by? Hope to hear from you shortly!

Richard

Postby Guest » October 29th, 2007, 4:48 pm

Theres a group that meets Monday nights in Arlington at the Bennigans near Six Flags. It's on the HWY 360 service road.

Christopher Lyle also works at Crystals Pizza in Irving several nights a week.

There are two magic shops in Ft. Worth. Magic Etc is probably closest to you.

Also,there is a new magic shop in historic downtown McKinney. It's a bit of a drive, but it's a nice shop and the historic downtown is nice. It's called Main Street Magic and Fun Compnay.

Jordan

Postby Guest » October 29th, 2007, 6:00 pm

Jordan,

When did the store in McKinney open ? I was just out there in June for a family wedding, and didn't hear about that place, darnnit !

Now I have another reason to go back and visit...

Mark Pettey
Naples, FL

Postby Guest » October 29th, 2007, 7:00 pm

Main Street Magic opened in July (I believe). It was oringally about 1.5 hours north of Dallas, but the owners moved it to McKinney in order to attract more of the Dallas magic crowd. It is in a nice location and I had a lot of fun hanging out there during the latter part of summer. I haven't been since school started. The owners put a lot of thought into making it cool. I hope they are able to stay open (and profitable).

Jordan

Richard Perrin

Postby Richard Perrin » October 30th, 2007, 4:44 am

Uh... monday was yesterday and we were tired from the 10 hours trip (driving). Just want to know what up in Dallas/Forth Worth from today til Nov 4th then go to K.C. MO to visit my family for few days then head back home. :genii:

Richard Perrin

Postby Richard Perrin » October 30th, 2007, 9:27 pm

Jordan,
Can you give me those 2 magic shops in Fort Worth address so I can look up in mapquest? Looking forward to hear from you shortly! Many thanks!

Richard

Postby Guest » October 31st, 2007, 3:19 am

No problem,

Magic Etcetera
(817) 926-2442

2300 West Fwy
Fort Worth, TX

And,

Illusion Warehouse
(817) 927-1804

3917 Mccart Ave
Fort Worth, TX

Jordan

Postby Guest » October 31st, 2007, 8:56 am

Originally posted by Jordan B:
Main Street Magic opened in July (I believe). It was oringally about 1.5 hours north of Dallas, but the owners moved it to McKinney in order to attract more of the Dallas magic crowd.

Jordan
Actually, it moved because a gigantic Texas thunderstorm badly damaged their old, even more historic location building and the city of Van Alstyne comdemned the remains.

Everything else he said, especially about the ambience, is true. The people there are also really pleasant to deal with and they are happy to help however they can. It's worth the trip.

75 North to Lousiana exit and turn Right, go to the courthouse and turn left on Tennessee. easy to find.

Enjoy your stay here in DFW!

Pix

Richard Perrin

Postby Richard Perrin » November 1st, 2007, 5:00 pm

Went to Magic Etc. yesterday and I am only one magician customer among with halloween customers. What's a long line at the cashier! Now I better avoid on halloween day from now on! Whew! No demo there cause they were busy! Well, at least I did bought what I need! Thanks Jordan!

crhu8d

Postby crhu8d » March 15th, 2008, 3:18 pm

looking to get a t&r on markit any advice on which is the best

pixsmith

Postby pixsmith » March 15th, 2008, 9:10 pm

OK, I know I am from Texas, and that we barely speak English here, let alone write it, but what are you trying to ask?

opie

Postby opie » March 15th, 2008, 9:36 pm

Pix,

I think he needs to look in the yellow pages of the phone book...If he will do that and tell us what is there, I will be happy to provide a couple of dozen phone numbers of magicians in Dallas area.....

duh!!

opie

John Wilson

Postby John Wilson » June 23rd, 2008, 7:45 pm

I was wondering if the group still meets at Bennigan's.

Mark Jensen
Favorite Magician: Juan Tamariz

Postby Mark Jensen » June 24th, 2008, 2:14 pm

Magic is alive and booming in Big D.

I could tell you all about it, but we magish know how to keep a secret!

Mark
DMC Grand PooBah
Lecture Guru
Tater Fan

www.dallasmagic.org - join us for our club meeting the 3rd Tuesday of the month.
www.thats-impossible.com/lectures.htm - learn the great secrets of magic.
http://www.taom2008.org/ - If I have to say more than Tim Conover you don't deserve to come.

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”