Magic shops in Orlando

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.
Marvo

Magic shops in Orlando

Postby Marvo » October 8th, 2005, 5:33 am

Hi
I am on my way to Disney World in a couple of weeks and wondered whether there are any good magis shops in the area.

Thanks

Paul

Re: Magic shops in Orlando

Postby Guest » October 8th, 2005, 7:56 pm

For the Orlando and Kissimmee areas look up www.magicmax.com for addresses but if you really want to go a nice shop, travel to Daytona Beach and visit Harry Allen's and Irv Cook's magic shop on Beach Street www.daytonamagic.com. It's an old fashioned well stocked magic shop that I visit frequently because of their friendliness and willingness to go that "extra mile" to provide satisfaction guaranteed. Back in the '70s Disney World had a nice magic shop on site but sometime in the late '80s it went belly-up. :eek: :( ;)

Marvo

Postby Marvo » October 9th, 2005, 2:20 am

Thanks alot I remember the original magic shop in Disney, I visited when I was 10 years old and that is one reason I got into magic.

How far is Daytona from Orlando, is it worth the trip.

Paul

Postby Guest » October 9th, 2005, 5:32 am

It will take you from one hour to an hour and a half to go from Orlando to Daytona. It depends on what part of Orlando you're in and the time of day.

Jeff Pierce Magic

Postby Jeff Pierce Magic » October 9th, 2005, 6:49 am

Paul, the best magic shop in Orlando is not far from Disney and called Backstage Magic. Email the owner Tom Sullivan for directions at sal_fxe@bellsouth.net

Jeff Pierce

Marvo

Postby Marvo » October 9th, 2005, 3:07 pm

Thanks everyone

I have not heard of backstage magic and wil contact the owner before i go.

Thanks again
Paul

Postby Guest » October 10th, 2005, 6:10 am

I tried to visit Backstage in August. Even though the flea market was teaming with customers, the magic shop was roped off and closed. There was a sign hanging on the rope that said "back in 30 minutes". My patient wife and son waited with me for over an hour, and the store never opened. Perhaps you should call the business before making the trek to the flea market, to make sure that they will indeed be open when you arrive. From the looks of things , it seemed like a well stocked store. I saw lots of brass items in one case that was visible just past the rope. Wish I could have gone in and spent some money !

We did get to Magic Max in Olde Town, and bought a few things, but you should know that the store charges higher prices than the company sells things for on their website. One way to save a bit is to sign up for the Magic Max club online. We were given a 10% discount at the store for being members, a good deal since it was free to sign up !

Mark Pettey
Naples, FL

chad45
Favorite Magician: david copperfield

Postby chad45 » March 28th, 2013, 11:08 am

The closest magic shop near Disney will be Theatre Magic. In my search, they have the largest selection of magic props and supplies in the area. If you like doing magic they have employment opportunities at the Backstage. Basically, you will do a 10 to 12 minute magic show in front of a live audience. This would offer someone who is looking for a full time career in the magic business to get some great hands on training and experience.

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”