Atlanta Magic

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.

Atlanta Magic

Postby Guest » November 5th, 2005, 8:37 pm

any place to hit up in atlanta?

Joe M. Turner
Favorite Magician: Fred Kaps

Re: Atlanta Magic

Postby Joe M. Turner » November 6th, 2005, 10:50 am

When will you be here?

My one-man show is at the Grand Hyatt Atlanta on Thursday, November 10. I'll also be performing at my regular restaurant gig on Friday & Saturday. Email for details on those.

There are frequent Monday night gatherings at various pubs around town; don't have details about what, if anything is happening tomorrow but can make some calls.

There are two magic shops -- well, two locations of Eddie's Trick Shop. One is in Marietta, the other in Duluth. There are also a handful of other restaurant performers.

Let me know when you'll be here and what your main magical interests are, and I'll try to connect you with some magical hospitality while you're here.

Joe M. Turner
jmtmagic@mindspring.com

Postby Guest » November 6th, 2005, 12:48 pm

Joe - Any word on what happened to the Atlanta Harvest of Magic? Last year Diane announced the dates - Nov. 11 & 12- for this year, but I've had no other word on it. Any news?

Joe M. Turner
Favorite Magician: Fred Kaps

Postby Joe M. Turner » November 6th, 2005, 1:00 pm

OFFICIAL WORD: HARVEST 2005 WILL **NOT** HAPPEN

Despite their intent to produce the Harvest this year, Diane Maney recently told Ken Scott (who then passed along the word to me) that she has spent an unexpected amount of time taking care of her parents and dealing with business issues. Therefore, there will NOT be a 2005 Harvest of Magic. She says to look for a big one in 2006.

That's the (disappointing) word from Atlanta, where we could really stand to have an open-invitation, planned magic convention go off successfully. (TSD6 was a success, but was definitely for a smaller, specifically card-focused audience.) Most of us still have the same bitter taste in our mouths that many of you had after the Anatomy of Magic travesty in May.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

JMT

Postby Guest » November 27th, 2005, 3:38 pm

Harvest or not, the Atlanta magic community is something well worth visiting. Joe, Lynn, Tommy, Ken, Paul and the many others make it the super magic community it is.

Earlier this month (November 21st) I had the good fortune of getting to visit Ring 9 that meets at the Funny Farm. It was delightful. Lots of interesting magicians, plenty of tables, stage, lights, but ONLY 2 hours? I think I counted 32 people there and did not get to meet too many of them. It was busy and interesting.

It's going to be nice when the statute of limitations is up. I hope I get to go back! Given the opportunity, I'll do it.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

Rick Ruhl

Postby Rick Ruhl » November 27th, 2005, 7:35 pm

It was only 2 hours because they kicked us out. We'd have stayed until 2AM.

LOL

johnsonbynight

Postby johnsonbynight » November 24th, 2009, 8:17 pm

there is a great magic shop in the discover mills mall. http://eldrussomagichouse.com/

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”