Vegas Must-see?

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.

Vegas Must-see?

Postby Guest » May 28th, 2005, 11:19 am

Will be spending a week in Vegas in the summer months, and my wife and son will be along (Yes! I wouldn't have it any other way!). I am sure that they will only endure one magic show for us to see, so I am hoping for your suggestions here.

Regards,

Jon

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Re: Vegas Must-see?

Postby Dustin Stinett » May 28th, 2005, 12:30 pm

Mac King.

Postby Guest » May 28th, 2005, 1:20 pm

If your family sees Mac, they will probably let you take them to another. Classic Magic -- Lance. Adults only - P&T.

Postby Guest » May 29th, 2005, 10:33 pm

Thanks, Dustin! I have really enjoyed your recent articles in GENII, and your coverage of the Magician TV series was superb. What's the status on the campaign to get it released on DVD?

Jon

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 30th, 2005, 8:18 am

If Copperfield is in Vegas when you're there, and they have not seen him before, then see his show at the MGM Grand.
Next choice is Lance--it's a great classical magic show.
Next choice is Mac King, and I put Mac third ONLY because it's more comedy and less magic.
Rick Thomas does a great show (forgot which hotel he's at now) and the price is right.
If you're budget oriented, then you could buy tickets for Mac AND Rick Thomas for less than the price of tickets for Lance. Also, you could sell Mac's show to your family as a comedy show rather than a magic show.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » May 30th, 2005, 8:38 am

Originally posted by Richard Kaufman:
Rick Thomas does a great show (forgot which hotel he's at now)
Rick Thomas ($19.95-$24.95) has moved his show over to the Stardust Hotel...And Dirk Arthur($24.95) filled the void left by Rick at the Tropicana. For even more comedy oriented Magic, you could try Amazing Johnathan ($45-$55), now at the Sahara or Penn & Teller(82.50)at the Rio.

Danny Archer

Postby Danny Archer » June 15th, 2005, 11:55 pm

Just saw the World's Greatest Magic show at the Greek Isles and it rocked ... also saw P & T at the Rio and I enjoyed the show a lot ... more than just magic ... juggling, fire-eating and with a spectacular ending ... this show is a must see for anyone interested in seeing two masters of presentation, (and see Penn play a killer bass while Teller plays the vibes ...)
Producer of MINDvention
mentalism convention

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”