Arizona (Phoenix)- April 6th-15th

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.

Arizona (Phoenix)- April 6th-15th

Postby Guest » March 9th, 2005, 8:48 am

Dear fellow Magi,

I will be in Phoenix, Flagstaff, Yuma, tempe and the general state of arizona from April 6th - the 15th. I will be performing at quite a few state and community colleges and I am wondering if there are any good shows and or shops in these areas or if anyone would like to meet and hangout....

PSI-ncerely,

Scott Xavier
www.scottxavier.com

Re: Arizona (Phoenix)- April 6th-15th

Postby Guest » March 9th, 2005, 10:55 am

You didn't mention Tucson, but if you are out that way you should try and stop by William's Magic. In my opinion it is one of the best magic shops around.

Have a good trip,

Jered

Steve Ehlers

Postby Steve Ehlers » March 9th, 2005, 12:16 pm

Just be aware that Williams Magic is closed on Fridays and Saturdays.

Steve

Postby Guest » March 9th, 2005, 11:12 pm

Thanks guys I will!

Postby Guest » March 15th, 2005, 2:56 pm

I would like to meet uip with ya, I am in the Preascott Area of Arizona @ and half hours either way to Vegas or Phoenix, Contact me at your leidure, Gisione@yahoo.com or by phone 928-237-0789.

Johnny Zero

Postby Guest » March 15th, 2005, 3:38 pm

Sounds fun! I have a few college shows both in Yuma and Flagstaff. Not sure which is closer, but I'll check and call.

Prescott? Back in my forensics days I went for an Armorers course at the Ruger plant down there. Great town!

Sam Kesler
Favorite Magician: Ed Marlo

Postby Sam Kesler » March 15th, 2005, 3:55 pm

I was visiting my sister in the Phoenix area last Thanksgiving and met Barry Schor at Presto Magic Studio in Scottsdale. One of the nicest guys you could hope to meet.

www.prestomagicstudio.com

Postby Guest » March 24th, 2005, 12:26 am

If anyone is interested, I will be lecturing on "The Zodiac Effect", at the Phoenix SAM 248 on the 6th of April. Besides a few colleges, this is the only public performance I will be doing.

The Zodiac Effect- Highlights the past decade of my life. I use to perform street magic, but chicagoans do not tip! So I developed a routine that combines mentalism and cold reading to help "up-sell" the palmistry and cartomancy I was performing after my sets.

Eventually I became so popular, I no longer had time for the magic and started performing the readings completely!

::Here's some of the concepts I'll be teaching::

First class opener- A way to show off my personality in my routines with a light hearted opener.

Q & A- Using an old technique taught long before even Corinda hit the stage's of the world, I show how to perform devistatingly accurate Q & A for a mid sized audience. This is the method I use to use when I worked the street festivals of Chicago, ideal for extremely tough crowds!

Hyped TOO!- After reading some internet hype about an effect Kreskin performed, I back engineered a devistating effect. This is the "Son of Hyped" and is a reworking using tarot cards and teaches the essentials and power of "suggestive cold reading" which opens doors for what some consider "real" mind reading.

P, Q, & A- Using a melding of pseudo-psychometry and Q & A you both decipher what image each spectator draws, answer their questions, foretell their future, and even reveal questions you should not know. Effectively you get a Drawing Duplication, psuedo-psychometry, and mind reading effect all in one with 4 pens and a 4 index cards!

Fork Bending- The MOST loved and POWERFUL effect in mentalism has to be metal bending. In my show I demonstrate a way to make cutlery bending flow as a routine not just a series of moves. You will only learn 2 bends, but they will make you a legend. The notes on routining are a must if you currently know others bending secrets.

NEED MORE INFO?:
www.zodiaceffect.com
www.scottxavier.com

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”