magician hangouts and events in Boston

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.

magician hangouts and events in Boston

Postby Guest » January 3rd, 2007, 8:35 pm

Could someone let me know about magic-related places and event calendar (or shows or restaurants) in the Boston area. I might be visiting there in Feb end. Thanks

Re: magician hangouts and events in Boston

Postby Guest » January 4th, 2007, 6:03 am

Cyrano,

Make sure to check out the Mystery Lounge show in Harvard Square in Cambridge, MA. It runs every Tuesday night with close up at 7PM and the stage show starting at 8PM. It is a very short T ride from Boston downtown.
www.MysteryLounge.com

Make sure to stop by at Ray Goulet's Magic Arts Studio in Watertown, MA:
http://www.magicartstudio.com/

Also, check out Hank Lee's Magic Factory
www.MagicFact.com

And it's not magic, but if you are into this sort of thing, this place is great:
www.cigarmasters.com

Have fun in Boston!

Sincerely,
David

Postby Guest » January 5th, 2007, 7:07 am

Cyrano,

Please look into Fanueil Hall. There are some of the best street performers I have seen in this area ( including Gazzo). It is winter so I am not sure if this reduces the performing schedule or not (probably), since most of my visits to this area have been in the summer.

I have always enjoyed the magicians that perform "real" street magic in the classic sense, not the stuff you see on TV nowadays, where someone walks through a busy sidewalk and pulls one or two sepctators aside for a trick and calls this "street magic". I have seen crowds in Fanueil hall line up 2-3 rows deep to see a good performer. That's street magic at its best!

Have fun and enjoy the food!!!!

Postby Guest » January 28th, 2007, 7:16 pm

Thanks David and Carlos for your suggestions.
I have been away and hence could not thank you earlier.
Best.

Postby Guest » January 29th, 2007, 10:56 am

Cyrano,

No problem! Glad to be able to help. Let us know how your trip to Boston goes and what magic sites you were able to check out!

Sincerely,
David

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”