On Wednesday, April 18, 2007 at 7 PM, Midwest Magic is proud to present another Chica

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.

On Wednesday, April 18, 2007 at 7 PM, Midwest Magic is proud to present another Chica

Postby Guest » April 16th, 2007, 6:59 am

On Wednesday, April 18, 2007 at 7 PM, Midwest Magic Midwest Magic, 9706 Franklin Av., Franklin Park, Illinois is proud to present another Chicagoland Exclusive:

Eric Andersons

Performance Marketing Seminar

How Too Get Your Clients To Hire You Repeatedly By Using Performance Marketing

I am sure most of you reading this have no clue who Eric Anderson is, or anything about him. Honestly, you should not.

He has not been on the cover of Genii or Magic Magazines.
He has never worked the Magic Castle.
He has never worked Monday Night Magic.
He does not have a DVD series sold in shops or magazines.
He has only worked one very small magic convention.
He has never entered a magic competition.
He rarely lectures to magicians!

He loves hanging out with magicians and talking shop but because of his business, he doubts any of the above will change in a major way.

Here are a few things you should know...

Eric is 36 years old, has been interested in magic since age five and made his living performing in the real world for the past 14 years. He has performed in almost every situation/venue you can think of:

Street performing
Night Clubs
Comedy Clubs
Restaurants
Corporate Strolling Magic
After Dinner Corporate Events
Country Clubs
Tradeshows
Theater Shows.
Radio
Television
A prison
And the list goes on.

Over the years he has been booed off stage, cussed out, spit on, forced to take less money just to pay the bills, and almost arrested for performing the watch steal.

So why would he say all of that and expect you to be interested in his lecture? It is the truth. Any professional who claims that everything is all-good and smooth sailing will also lie to you about how much they really make per show.

With all of that said, Eric would never trade his experience in this business. Today his situation has changed dramatically. Without going into detail, lets just say his life is better then fantastic.

He has learned two major lessons in this business. First off, you must know how to market yourself. Thats number one. The second thing--you must give a Powerful Performance. If your client has not called you back for a repeat show, something is

wrong.

Eric had one client in 2006 call him 22 separate times for events. He was only able to do 14 of those events for that client. Trust me--this makes your job as a marketer a lot easier. His lecture will teach you how to create this same type of dedication with your own clients.

During his Performance Marketing Lecture he will walk you through his personal system for creating Powerful Performances.

You will learn:

The lecture opens with a performance.
Eric's #1 rule for creating a powerful magic performance.
How to choose the strongest material for your show? In fact, Eric will teach you 3 performances pieces right out of his own repertoire. His opener (you will never guess what he opens almost all of his shows with and why.) The second routine is his personal workhorse--every pro has one--this is his. Finally, a routine Eric calls A Closer For All Occasions. He has only taught this routine to one person and it has been in his repertoire for 22 years--as a side note all of this material can be performed on stage, close-up or strolling.
How to make your effects play huge. One of the secrets many pros know is that you make more money when you are perceived larger then life. Eric will teach you the most effective way to do this.
As an added bonus, he will share one of his favorite techniques for getting new clients. Very few performers use this marketing approach. It is one of most powerful and easiest methods to use.
Of course, there is something to purchase, but it is not a dealers show.

Rave Reviews:

I would use Eric Anderson in my place and have with my top clients without any hesitation.--Joel Bauer, Bauer & Associates, Author: How To Persuade People Who Dont Want To Be Persuaded .

Your performance during the Close-Up show and your wonderful lecture kept the audience laughing and perplexed. You were definitely a highlight of the convention for many of our attendees. Combining a gentle wit, unbridled enthusiasm, and amazing magical talent, you absolutely floored the audience with your performance.--Paul Sponaugle, International Brotherhood of Magicians, SEAM Co-Chairman.

I must admit that when I told some of my colleagues here, Halldale Publishing, that I was going to fly this guy named Eric Anderson from Atlanta to London just to perform for a couple of hours at our cocktail party, they all thought I was crazy! Now that they have seen you in action they all agree that it was worth every penny.--Stephan Marston, Sales & Marketing Director, Halldale Publishing

Wow, your presentation at our annual event was truly amazing! I think you could tell by the audiences reaction, they enjoyed your show tremendously. I cant tell you how many people told me that your show was the best we have had in our nine year history. We arent sure what we are going to do to top your show next year.--Deb Mulch, Executive Director

Eric Andersons advice on marketing have to put at least $100,000 in my pocket to date. He is also a great teacher and communicator.--Marco Frezza, Professional Magician, New York City.

Tickets for this amazing event are $20, and seating is in the order of reservation, so call (847) 455-4288 soon for your seat!

Re: On Wednesday, April 18, 2007 at 7 PM, Midwest Magic is proud to present another Chica

Postby Guest » April 16th, 2007, 8:54 am

In fact, I do know who Eric Anderson is, and he's a phenomenal magician and performer. I've spent time with Eric in the past and hope to again. We haven't spoken in a couple of years.
His book , co-authored with David Harkey, is one of magic's hidden gems. It contains one of the strongest stage closers I've ever used. A little piece called "Scatterbrained" that's still one of my favorites.
I shouldn't even mention it here as I don't want anyone else doing it!

Please say hello for me when you see him.

Re: On Wednesday, April 18, 2007 at 7 PM, Midwest Magic is proud to present another Chica

Postby Guest » April 16th, 2007, 10:47 am

I've seen Eric perform, lecture, and I even got to hang out with him a little. He's a great person and a sensationally skilled performer.

He also has the most invisible pass I've ever seen. It was kind of like a waterfall pass, and I saw him do it from a dozen different angles. The only angle from which the mechanics are visible is directly below, looking up.

Postby Guest » April 18th, 2007, 6:24 am

Reminder ...the lecture is tonight.

Also remember this Saturday April 21 is the third Saturday of the month which means it's FREE Hot Dog Day at Midwest Magic !!

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”