Marshall Brodien Book Signing Oct. 12 Midwest Magic

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.

Marshall Brodien Book Signing Oct. 12 Midwest Magic

Postby Guest » October 1st, 2007, 6:34 am

YOU'RE INVITED to a very special night at Midwest Magic!

On Friday evening, October 12th at 7:00 p.m., MARSHALL BRODIEN will be premiering the new book about his life, THE MAGICAL LIFE OF MARSHALL BRODIEN, in person at Midwest Magic.

Books will be available for purchase and both Marshall and the book's author, John Moehring, will be present and personally autograph copies for you to take home.

This unique biography details the Marshall's life,most remembered for his long-running career as television's Wizzo the Wizard on WGN-TV's Bozo's Circus and The Bozo Show. Coverage begins in the late 1940s, when Brodien was a young magician in his first job as a Chicago magic shop demonstrator, then recounts Brodien's steady rise to show-business success, including details of his work as a performer at the Magic Lounge in Cicero and, as a nightclub hypnotist in Chicago's posh Cairo Supper Club. The work concludes with an examination of Brodien's current career as one of the most successful marketersof magic sets in the U.S.

COME MEET MARSHALL AND TAKE HOME AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY OF THIS GREAT BOOK! Refreshments will be served.

You can also register to win a copy of the Special
Limited Hard Cover Collector's Edition, with custom slip case and gold stamping, signed and numbered by both Marhsall Brodien and author John Moehring. Only 100 copies are being made, regular price is $100.00, and we're GIVING AWAY A COPY TO SOMEONE WHO REGISTERS THAT NIGHT!

Mark your calendar--you don't want to miss this night!
Midwest Magic
9706 Franklin Av.
Franklin Park, IL 60131
847-455-4288
www.midwestmagic.net

Re: Marshall Brodien Book Signing Oct. 12 Midwest Magic

Postby Guest » October 1st, 2007, 1:14 pm

Everybody should go! Marshall is a great guy, Tim has a great shop and it is good to see magic thriving in the Windy City!

Hey Tom, are there going to be hot dogs there? :D

Postby Guest » October 1st, 2007, 1:43 pm

P.T.:

Not on the 12th BUT Hot Dog day has been moved for this month to October 13 which is the second Saturday of the month. It is being moved for this month only because....well Tim asked me not to say.

My suggestion is to go see the Magic Cabaret on any (every?) Tuesday night this month, stop by Midwest Magic Friday night October 12 to meet the legend Marshall Brodien and pick up a copy of his great biography and then again on Saturday October 13 for Hot Dogs and a day you don't want to miss. - Tom

Postby Guest » October 3rd, 2007, 12:54 pm

Tom, you are such a tease.

And, yes, The Magic Cabaret is every Tuesday night!

Postby Guest » October 4th, 2007, 7:30 am

Hey Tom-

I will miss Marshall Brodien's book signing as I will be at the Frankfurt Book Fair, but I spoke to him on the phone and HE is going to try and make it out to The Magic Cabaret.

Tim Felix made it out to this week's show and he brought me a case of "Hebrew National" Jumbo Kosher Hot Dogs! What a great man he is!

So what is your excuse? Traffic? Rubella? Hang nail?

Postby Guest » October 4th, 2007, 6:08 pm

All of the above......

Postby Guest » October 10th, 2007, 2:13 pm

Great clip (in morning news video section in the link below) of Marshall Brodien from his appearance on the WGN morning news show here in Chicago. He even does part of the side show pitch he did at the old Riverview amusement park in this appearance !!

http://wgntv.trb.com/news/local/morningnews/?track=nav

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”