Louisiana Magic Weekend June 2-3

Flying around the world for the perfect magic convention? Save some dough and share your room.

Louisiana Magic Weekend June 2-3

Postby Guest » May 31st, 2006, 6:18 pm

If you are going to the Louisiana Magic Weekend will be held June 2-3, 2006 in Baton Rouge, LA this weekend there are rooms available.

http://www.lamagicweekend.com

Bob

Re: Louisiana Magic Weekend June 2-3

Postby Guest » February 7th, 2007, 7:14 pm

I have not seen anything posted on this for 2007. Please tell me there will be one. I really enjoyed the 2006 convention there.

Bob

Postby Guest » February 13th, 2007, 7:20 pm

I've been wondering the same thing. The 2006 wasn't a bad little convention. I did hear from a friend in New Orleans that the 2008 (they don't have it every year) will be in Morgan City. Unfortunately, after the last one there, my wife says we'll NEVER be heading there again. Anybody know anything about an upcoming convention in New Orleans/Baton Rouge or closeby?

Steve

Postby Guest » April 7th, 2007, 6:31 am

OK, then how do I get info on the 2008 Convention?

Having spent January and February 2007 on the Gulf Coast in magic, I'm thoroughly convinced that the weather damage is fixed where there is local political leadership.

Unfortunately the retardation of recovery in New Orleans is purely a local lack of leadership problem. The rest of the world down there is full speed ahead. It was very encouraging. Those who will work on solutions have done a great job. Their good work shows.

Where there is no substantial progress there is also no local political leadership. They don't accept the responsibility for being "the government" after being elected to the job. They see holding office as some kind of paid honor without responsibility.

However, I'd go back in a heartbeat.

For people who are not well versed in southern culture, pockets of success and failure are are very common here. I live in Alabama and love it.

But in Alabama one quickly observes that the only difference in New Orleans, LA and Selma, AL is bad weather. Local leadership or lack of and weather are unrelated.

Recovering from lack of leadership today is unlikely to attract the productive people and resources. Smart money and people rationally leave. Alternatives are just too good to waste the good resources. Nothing is more natural than nature!

There are plenty of people and places in Louisianna for some very good magic. What's next? I want to be there again. Baton Rouge did a great job.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

Postby Guest » April 9th, 2007, 1:59 pm

Bob,

First, let me say thanks again for being a part of Baton Rouge's little convention last year. We really enjoyed having you down for that. I hope to soon have the chance to sit and talk magic with you (I was a lil' bit busy at the convention last year). Also thanks to any of you who showed up last year. In case you could not tell by the size of the room we were pleasently suprised by the turn out.

To my knowledge no one is hosting LA Magic Weekend this year. But, I did talk to Glen in Morgan City and next year's convention is already in the works. I will be glad to pass on any details about it as soon as I hear them. Glen always does a great job with the convention so I'm sure it will be great.

Until then...
David

Postby Guest » April 9th, 2007, 10:11 pm

Hello David,

Thank you for the reply. It's good to hear from you. We'll have to get together and have the chat. Last time I tried getting with you there you were busy working and that is always a good sign. But I can't get dirty rice in Alabama either. So you know I will be back!

Sno's was impressive too. The food was good and the magic even better.

Glen is one of the true gentlemen of magic. I think 2008 is in good hands. If there is a way to take part again, give me a shot at it. Baton Rouge put the state on my "want list" for magic conventions.

Please keep us posted.

Bob Sanders

PS --- Lucy and I have moved to the ranch so the mailing address has changed.

Bob and Lucy Sanders
Magic Valley Ranch
395 County Road 478
Clanton, AL 35046-3213
Bob@MagicBySander.com

Postby Guest » April 13th, 2007, 12:04 pm

Please keep us ALL posted on that convention. Usually (in years past, at least) it was a last-minute event, and schedules had to be rapidly rearranged to accomodate the convention weekend. I'm hoping the location is good, too. According to my wife "We're NEVER going to Morgan City again!" (this being after the last LMW that was there)..for some reason.

Steve

Postby Guest » July 21st, 2007, 7:36 pm

Steve, I have no experience with Morgan City but I do know the Louisiana folks do know how to put on a magic convention.

Unfortunately they keep them secret from us! They must be afraid that we will attend. Is that it?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

Return to “Convention Room Mate Finder”