World Magic Seminar 2006

Flying around the world for the perfect magic convention? Save some dough and share your room.
Bill Wells

World Magic Seminar 2006

Postby Bill Wells » January 10th, 2006, 7:55 am

If you are thinking of attending the 2006 World Magic Seminar in Vegas - February 19-23 - and have not yet booked your hotel room do NOT delay doing so. The block of convention rate room held at the Orleans for the WMS will be released on January 22 and there is no guarantee of a room at the Orleans after that date!

The 2006 WMS features a number of new events such as the AOI Film Festival with prizes for the winning magic films - a historic first for magic, Dick Koornwinder's Tribute to Fred Kaps lecture, the Magic Dinner Theater Welcome Party, Close-Up Competition, and Farewell Party. In conjunction with the WMS but presented as a separate event on the day before the WMS is the Las Vegas version of the New York CoinSeminar. Roth, Rubinstein, Latta, and Gallo are not only some of NY's finest coin magicians, they are world famous coin magicians and the NY CoinSeminar III is their first time anywhere other than the East Coast. Kainoa Harbottle will be a special guest at the CoinSeminar III and there will be a special mystery guest as well. The NY fab four will also be appearing at the WMS. Add to this over 30 dealers, the International Stage Competition, another stage show, the Teen Stage Contest, Close-Up Shows, Encore Benefit show, Bowling tournament with the stars, lectures, the Teens Only special weekend, and other events and you have a convention in Vegas that is not to be missed.

Be sure to visit the www.worldmagicseminar.com for additional information, acts, schedule, registration and hotel information.

Thanks - Bill
Bill Wells

Re: World Magic Seminar 2006

Postby Guest » January 10th, 2006, 6:33 pm

I can't wait! Sounds like it is going to be a great time!
See you all there!

Postby Guest » January 13th, 2006, 9:32 am

Sounds like a great convention !! I would love to go just to bowl with the celebrity magicians (I bowled for many years in Commercial leagues when I lived in the DC area and averaged over 200 my last two years - damn I wish I was going).

Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » January 13th, 2006, 11:55 am

I posted some critical comments on WMS after last year's convention and after an exchange of e-mails with Bill Wells and Rich Bloch had hoped to attend this years event. Unfortunately due to work obligations I will miss it this year. I am really disappointed as I would be particularly interested in seeing Dick Koornwinders presentation on one of my magical heroes Fred Kaps.

Good luck to all with the convention this year !!

Postby Guest » January 13th, 2006, 12:00 pm

Has anyone (or know of anyone) submitted a film to the AOI Film Festival event?

Pepka

Postby Pepka » January 15th, 2006, 9:37 am

I'm really looking forward to this year's WMS. Hey Mark, shame you're not coming I too am an avid bowler. (I got back into it after last year's bowling at the convention.) I'll be arriving in town Sat. night and I'd like to catch either Copperfield or Lance. If anyone here is gonna be there a day early, drop me an email if you wanna hang out.

Bill Wells

Postby Bill Wells » January 15th, 2006, 4:16 pm

Originally posted by audioslave:
Has anyone (or know of anyone) submitted a film to the AOI Film Festival event?
In talking with Rodney Reyes, who is in charge of the AOI Film Festival at the WMS, he tells me he a solid ten short films from the entries that he plans to show. I do not know any of the submitters. I am looking forward to this event. To the best of my knowledge, a magic film contest is a first for magic.

Bill
Bill Wells

Postby Guest » January 18th, 2006, 10:05 am

Thanks Bill!

Pepka

Postby Pepka » January 23rd, 2006, 3:24 pm

I'm so stupid! I missed my window on booking a room at the convention rate. If anyone here wants to split the cost of a room for the convention, email me magicpepka@comcast.net

Bill Wells

Postby Bill Wells » January 23rd, 2006, 7:50 pm

Pepka said:
"I'm so stupid! I missed my window on booking a room at the convention rate. If anyone here wants to split the cost of a room for the convention ... "

Pepka -

Intelligence aside :p ... did you call the Orleans and check? The release of the room block should only mean that we don't still have the guaranteed rooms that were in our block. However, if they still have rooms available, you should be able to get one at the discount. I have asked that they extend the date on the room release, but I haven't heard back yet.
Let me know if you get one at the proper rate ... if have one available and try to charge you more I will get in their faces !!

How can I defend my first place Bowling trophy without decent competetion??

Bill
Bill Wells

Pepka

Postby Pepka » January 24th, 2006, 7:25 pm

Bill,
I worked it all out today. A little begging and pleading, i reminded them that The Orleans is the only place I stay when I'm in town and they gave me the discount. I rolled a 199 in league tonight so be ready to hand that trophy to me buddy!
Pepka

CHRIS

Postby CHRIS » February 18th, 2006, 7:10 am

IF YA WANT TO SEE THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE CONVENTION GO SEE THE DEAN DILL BENIFIT. IN THE BENIFIT IS DAN SPERRY HE IS ONE OF THE BEST BIRD ACTS IN THE WORLD NOW. I KNOW THATS A BIG STATEMENT... DAN SPERRY LIVES TO IT. HE IS AWSOME

CraigMitchell

Postby CraigMitchell » June 2nd, 2008, 4:47 pm

Susan Susan Harris

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 2nd, 2008, 4:48 pm

Craig, what does your post mean?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » June 2nd, 2008, 6:00 pm

Maybe it's prediction from Carnac?
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Bill Wells

Postby Bill Wells » June 3rd, 2008, 12:16 pm

Why are we mucking about in messages that are over two years old? Although, I will admit that Craig's message does beg for explanation.
Bill Wells

CraigMitchell

Postby CraigMitchell » June 3rd, 2008, 12:17 pm

Hi Richard

I have ZERO idea - I don't recall ever making that post !!!

I can only assume my PC went crazy on me last night when browsing and may have strangely copied text across from the clipboard.

Apologies.

Very strange ....

Elliot Gorton

Postby Elliot Gorton » June 3rd, 2008, 12:37 pm

Susans my middle name. :grin:
www.savetheinternet.com
www.myspace.com/elliotgorton
http://twitter.com/elliotmagic

Return to “Convention Room Mate Finder”