ANTINOMY #6 Now Available!

Talk about what is being written in other magic publications.

ANTINOMY #6 Now Available!

Postby Guest » June 1st, 2006, 5:17 pm

As of today, all copies have shipped to subscribers. This makes six issues in a row that have magically appeared in the Quarter they were due.

This issue features the work of Allan Ackerman, Justin Miller, Andi Gladwin, John Luka, David Neighbors, and Joshua Jay. Also a couple of great columns from Jon Racherbaumer and Jamy Ian Swiss. Jon's is an essay on stooging, with many tricks that illustrate the methods. Jamy's discusses the powerful introductions of many favorite magic books that should be in your collection.

Order Issue 6 here: Antinomy #6

It's also not too late to get into Antinomy from the very beginning, but it soon will be. Fewer than 50 copies of Issue #1 remain. For Year One options, check out this page: Antinomy from the beginning

Thanks for your time and support.

Gene Taylor

Re: ANTINOMY #6 Now Available!

Postby Guest » June 2nd, 2006, 7:45 am

Looking forward to this one. Should be quite an issue.
Justin Miller

Danny Archer

Postby Danny Archer » June 5th, 2006, 10:22 am

Issue 6 just arrived and once again Gene Taylor has assembled a great selection of effects and essays (loved Racherbaumer's article on Stooges) ...

I get many of the close-up magazines, and I beleive that if you are not getting Antinomy you are missing out on an excellent publication ...
Producer of MINDvention
mentalism convention

Postby Guest » June 5th, 2006, 11:03 am

I bought all of year one. There were many features that I enjoyed; most of all Swiss and Racherbaumer.

However, I dare say that I found better tricks in the Genii Magicana during that same period.

Im debating with myself if I should renew for the second year of Antinomy, but so far I have not been able to convince myself. Renewing to Genii was a no-brainer.

Jeff Eline

Postby Jeff Eline » June 5th, 2006, 7:33 pm

Originally posted by pierredan:
However, I dare say that I found better tricks in the Genii Magicana during that same period.
Wow, that seems a bit mean-spirited and misplaced considering the thread was about the magazine's availability, not a request for reviews.

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Postby Steve Bryant » June 5th, 2006, 8:09 pm

I wish Gene Taylor the very best, but I disagree, Jeff. You did not criticize Justin Miller or Danny Archer for submitting reviews. pierredan's comments were nicely put, and of course others may have differing opinons. Perhaps even strong enough to convince pierredan to re-subscribe.

Postby Guest » June 5th, 2006, 9:35 pm

pierredan,

Did you read The Rock's article this past issue? That was worth the year ticket price for me!

But then again value is different for different people. IT depends on what your interests are, whether you are a hobbyist, amateur, pro etc.

IF you need help deciding I just sent Gene several routines for future issues. They are very strong routines. But of course I am biased. : )

All the best,

Kranzo

Postby Guest » June 6th, 2006, 6:02 am

He will be convinced when the are immpossible to get hold of in a few years time because no one wants to part with them ( opp,s to late)
Kevin.

Jeff Eline

Postby Jeff Eline » June 6th, 2006, 6:17 am

Originally posted by Steve Bryant:
You did not criticize Justin Miller or Danny Archer for submitting reviews.
Gene was just alerting us to the publication of another issue of Antinomy. To me, it seemed out of place to snipe.

But, if my comments were out of line, I apologize.

Postby Guest » June 6th, 2006, 3:14 pm

Originally posted by Kevin Fox:
He will be convinced when the are immpossible to get hold of in a few years time because no one wants to part with them ( opp,s to late)
Kevin.
Oh maybe he won't care because he's happy with material he's found elsewhere that personally suits him better.

The guy is entitled to his opinion even though folks might disagree with him.

Postby Guest » June 6th, 2006, 3:43 pm

I agree with Chris, he is entitled to his own opinion. If he feels that way, and others dont like it, too bad.

Jeff Eline

Postby Jeff Eline » June 6th, 2006, 4:19 pm

You know, I'm not denying the guy's opinion. Start another thread. Rip it to shreds if you want. I just thought it rude to do it in this thread.

Conversing on the internet doesn't (or at least it shouldn't) preclude basic manners and courtesy.

Imagine a group of guys talking, face to face, and one announces the release of new issue of his magazine. Then another says, "You really don't have good material in your magazine. Your efforts certainly aren't as good as other magazines."

Wouldn't you find that rude? I would. Maybe I'm alone on that island...

Postby Guest » June 6th, 2006, 4:39 pm

I think every amateur,pro, or wanna-be magician, should have the personality to decide by himself if something is worth or not buying.
I don't think someone won't subscribe to antinomy because he read someone's comment on it.
Everyone has the right to taste the food, and if he doesn't like it, he has the right to say.
And in this case he didn't even say that he didn't like it.
But he simply said the in his opinion in magican there was better material.
Today i was reading this post, and i thought that i would buy some antinomy magazines.
I won't change opinion only because someone says his opinion.

Postby Guest » June 6th, 2006, 5:40 pm

Originally posted by Jeff Eline:

Wouldn't you find that rude?
Well, in this case no.

Pierredan stated that he had purchased a year of Antimony and of Genii . If he wants to express a personal preference (in a civil manner I might add) saying he preferred one over the other, where's the harm in that? He has his standards and others have theirs.

This thread is in the "Buzz" section and is (in effect) an advertisement for the new issue of Antimony, so I don't really have any issue with critical commentary being leveled here. And it's not like Pierredan slammed Antimony here, as he obviously also had some nice things to say. He just felt that effects were very important to him personally and he personally preferred Magicana of late. I'm sure he understands (as should we all) that the mileage of others may vary.

I have no personal opinion myself (being too much of a cheap bastard to shell out the dough for Antimony), but I find it troubling that people could be seen as "rude" merely for expressing an honest opinion in a civil manner.

Evan Shuster

Postby Evan Shuster » June 6th, 2006, 7:26 pm

Okay boys, getting back on topic... The announcement of each new issue has a Pavlovian effect on me; I salivate all the way to the mailbox, hoping each day that my issue will arrive. When it does, my graciously understanding family gives me the privacy to stretch out and savor the material as one might enjoy a bottle of fine bordeaux. Issue 6 is no exception to the trend of excellence that Gene Taylor has trained me (us) to expect. Okay, so maybe there was one item that I didn't care for, but considering the amount of material offered, coupled with contributions of Jamy Swiss and "The Rock" ( :) I completely agree with you, Nate, and I look forward to your contributions), I continue to proclaim that each issue is worth an entire year's subscription to me. In most cases, if you break it down you're paying about $3 per effect, not to mention the value of the Taylor, Racherbaumer and Swiss articles. Hopefully Gene won't ever catch on to the fact that most of us would eagerly pay twice that for the quality product he provides.

Return to “Other Magic Publications”