Early Info on ANTINOMY #4 and CD-ROM Annual

Talk about what is being written in other magic publications.
Gene Taylor

Early Info on ANTINOMY #4 and CD-ROM Annual

Postby Gene Taylor » September 27th, 2005, 5:52 pm

Currently Scheduled for Issue 4
  • Stephen Bargatze with “A Little Lie” – Not one, but two presentations for the same card trick.
  • Everett Chapman with “A Misrepresentation of Vision” – One coin multiplies to three, then they vanish one at a time only to reappear in an empty coin purse.
  • Zenneth Kok with “FSO Transpo” – A single card and the 4 Aces transpose several times, with the last sequence the most visual of all.
  • Tony Ko with “Impromptusible Twist” – Tony Ko's take on Zenneth's “Impossible Twist,” only this version uses regular cards.
  • Dr. Giorgio Tarchini with “The M & M Trick” – Magic and Mentalism using, you guessed it, M & M's.
Issue 4 will be available for shipping by the middle of November. I'm shooting for 52 over-sized pages, making the total page count for the four issues in 2005 a nice, round 200.

About the CD-ROM Annual
This will feature an electronic-only, bonus issue of Antinomy, formatted to print in an 8 ” X 11” format, complete with 10 new effects. This will be from 40 to 50 pages of new material with contributors including Nathan Kranzo, Jack Parker, David Neighbors, Thomas Baxter, and Dr. Giorgio Tarchini. Variations of tricks previously published in Antinomy are also included, with Tony Ko contributing a version of “The Hofziner Ace Problem” accomplished using the same mechanics as his trick in Issue 4.

Video performances of some of the tricks that have appeared in Antinomy will be included, as well as videos of tricks only available on the CD-ROM. In all, about a dozen performance videos will be included, include Dean Dill performing “Reflection,” as featured in Issue 3.

An excerpt from Home Schooled, the Self-Taught Creations of Rick Merrill will be included, as well as promo videos of Antinomy Magic's “Double Agent.” To top it all off, electronic versions of Issues 1 through 4 will all be included. These will retain their original 11” X 11” formatting.

The CD-ROM Annual is a free bonus provided to subscribers of Antinomy. Even those who begin their subscriptions with Issue 4 will receive this bonus. If you start your subscription with Issue 5 (1st Quarter of 2006), you will not receive the 2005 CD-ROM Annual. You will only receive the 2006 CD-ROM Annual. The 2005 CD-ROM Annual will be available for separate purchase in limited quantities, but because it will represent over 240 pages of content, plus additional material, it will retail for $52 plus shipping. Again, it is FREE with your paid subscription.

The CD-ROM Annual is scheduled to be available for shipping at the same time as Issue 4.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Early Info on ANTINOMY #4 and CD-ROM Annual

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 27th, 2005, 6:38 pm

Anyone who isn't subscribing to Antinomy is missing out BIG TIME!
And the CD-Rom is just icing on the cake, but LOTS of icing! Sounds great!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Gene Taylor

Postby Gene Taylor » September 29th, 2005, 3:44 pm

Thanks for your support, Richard. And I have to agree with you on both points!

Postby Guest » September 30th, 2005, 12:23 pm

It is just wonderful and Gene's customer services is first rate.

Evan Shuster

Postby Evan Shuster » November 16th, 2005, 9:29 pm

This sounds terrific! I just ordered the complete first year. I was going to subscribe, as well, but it would have started me at issue four (which I believe I'll receive with the purchase of year #1). Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it.

Gene Taylor

Postby Gene Taylor » November 17th, 2005, 5:52 am

Evan, thanks for your order!

Yes, you will receive Issue 4 and the CD Annual with your purchase.

We have all the product and your order should go out by tomorrow.

Gene Taylor
editor & publisher
Antinomy

Alexander Crawford

Postby Alexander Crawford » November 22nd, 2005, 10:24 am

Unbelievable. Issue 4, which looks great, arrived in London today, just 4 days (including a weekend) after you said that it was going out.
Gene, can you pass on details of your international shipping arrangements to Richard.

Postby Guest » November 22nd, 2005, 12:32 pm

I'd like my regular order too please!!

Kevin Fox

Postby Kevin Fox » November 22nd, 2005, 4:30 pm

I got mine today, looks great.
Kevin Fox

Robert Toomer

Postby Robert Toomer » November 23rd, 2005, 7:24 pm

Received my issue today. Look's good. It's good to see some of the effects performed on the CD that came with the issue. Hope to renew my subscription by the end of year. Thanks Gene. :)
Robert TOOMER

Evan Shuster

Postby Evan Shuster » November 25th, 2005, 7:33 pm

Gene,
I just received my package of the first 4 issues, along with the annual CD. All I can say is, "Wow!" Anyone out there that has not yet subscribed, what are you thinking?? This is definitely an item you'll be kicking yourself over as you hunt for out-of-print back issues in the not too distant future. Thank you so much for giving us such a quality publication. I haven't been this excited to delve in between the pages since the first issue of Apocalypse, back in '78. Here's to you, and all of the great things yet to come from Antimony.

Danny Archer

Postby Danny Archer » December 7th, 2005, 10:44 am

I have to add my voice to those that are singing the praises of Antinomy ...

Fantastic close-up magic with excellent photos in a format that is a step above what any other close-up magazine has offered ...

In addition to the great magic, I look forward each issue to the columns from John Racherbaumer and Jamy Ian Swiss ... two of magic's best writers are given the space and the freedom to cover some very interesting topics so far ...

Congratulations Gene on getting the first year under your belt ...

If you have not seen this publication, you are missing out on something very special ...
Producer of MINDvention
mentalism convention

Postby Guest » March 29th, 2007, 1:01 pm

This comes a bit late but it's better than never:

The demonstration of FSO Transpo, which I wasn't able to provide when contributing the item to Antinomy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ocB85CiHA

Enjoy,
Zenneth

Return to “Other Magic Publications”