Personal Magic Vols 2 & 3?

Talk about what is being written in other magic publications.
Bill Wheeler

Personal Magic Vols 2 & 3?

Postby Bill Wheeler » December 10th, 2003, 8:41 am

While I'm not as passionate about e-books as some of the forum posters here...Personal Magic Vol 1 by Eric Lewis is probably one of my favorites. Absolutely beautiful!!!

Were the other volumes ever published? I'd love to complete the collection. I was just curious if anyone knew. It would be a darn shame if this project (like the Sawa books) fizzled.
Bill
Driver: Callaway FT-5
Irons: Titlest AP-1
Wedges: Vokey 52,58,64
Putter: i-series Black #9

sleightly

Re: Personal Magic Vols 2 & 3?

Postby sleightly » December 10th, 2003, 1:52 pm

The other volumes have not yet been published. Martin has been very busy performing and putting out some other magic releases (that require much less time to produce). I hope he finishes the other volumes as well.

Let him know by email through his website:

http://www.magikraft.com/

ajp

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » December 11th, 2003, 8:36 am

Let me add my praise of "Personal Magic Vol 1" to those of Bill and Andrew, and second their wish for the issue of the remaining volumes.

I had the pleasure of reviewing Vol 1 for Genii. For those who don't know, Eric Lewis kept notebooks filled with effects from many noted magicians, and he "illuminated" the title pages of the effects with color drawings. These are just beautiful, and the effects are great.

To reprint a full color book of magic would be prohibitively expensive, so Mr. Lewis's son, Martin, issued the first volume as an e-book -- a labor of love.

As you can tell, it is very highly recommended.

Matt Field

CHRIS

Postby CHRIS » December 11th, 2003, 10:28 am

"Personal Magic 1" is a wonderful ebook. The fact that it was among the first high profile ebooks published makes it even better.

I am sure this ebook has the potential of convincing many more ebook bashers to become ebook advocates.

Chris Wasshuber
carry knowledge not books ... ebooks

Bill Wheeler

Postby Bill Wheeler » December 11th, 2003, 12:15 pm

I emailed Martin Lewis through the link Andrew provided and he responded. He is committed to seeing this project to completion, and has finished scanning the art and text of vol 2.

So that is some good news!

Bill
Driver: Callaway FT-5

Irons: Titlest AP-1

Wedges: Vokey 52,58,64

Putter: i-series Black #9

Return to “Other Magic Publications”