The Thaumaturge: A Brand New Magic Newsletter

Talk about what is being written in other magic publications.

The Thaumaturge: A Brand New Magic Newsletter

Postby Guest » March 20th, 2006, 9:37 pm

Dear Genii Forum members,

I am proud to introduce to you a brand new magic newsletter, The Thaumaturge. Please take a look at http://www.thaumaturgenews.com for an overview of the first issue.

The Thaumaturge is issued 6 times a year and includes contributions from top magicians such as Michael Ammar, Daryl, and Bill Palmer. Every issue features an interview with a professional magician (the first issue has an interview with Jeff McBride and the second issue will have an interview with Teller) as well as reviews of the latest books and DVDs. Every interview offers advice on how to develop your magic (i.e. how to develop a character, new tricks, etc.). The Thaumaturge will not focus on tricks as much as how you present the tricks. Whether you have been doing magic for two weeks or ten years, you can learn something from The Thaumaturge. But dont take it from me, I am slightly biased (I edit, publish, and write for The Thaumaturge). Here is what other magicians are saying:

A newsletter is a huge undertaking. I truly marvel at such a task. I think you have done an admirable job with the first issue. The articles are interesting and written from a distinct point of view. I enjoyed the read. I wish you all the luck in the world with this endeavor. I couldnt imagine such a thing.

- Doc Eason

Congratulations on a fine first effort. I look forward to seeing your newsletter grow and develop.

- Max Maven

Really good job. I would recommend this to any beginning magician and arent we all beginning magicians?

- Gordon Bean

If you want to find out more about The Thaumaturge, you can look at our website at http://www.thaumaturgenews.com. I am giving a special deal to Genii Forum members: If you would like to subscribe, you will get three dollars off ($15 instead of $18) by going to the home page of our website and clicking on the invisible link to the left of the counter on the bottom of the page. This special offer will only be good until April 4.

Welcome to the world of magic, myth, and wonder. Welcome to The Thaumaturge!

Always in Magic,
Ari Simon
Editor of The Thaumaturge

Re: The Thaumaturge: A Brand New Magic Newsletter

Postby Guest » March 20th, 2006, 9:53 pm

This can also be purchased at The Magic Apple in Studio City

good luck with it Ari

Postby Guest » April 11th, 2006, 9:20 am

Dear Genii Forum Members,

The special deal is over, but you can still buy a single issue of The Thaumaturge for only $3 or a subscription for $18! They can be purchased at www.thaumaturgenews.com.

The next issue will be released next month and will include an interview with Teller, an article on writing contracts by Tobias Beckwith, and a great trick by Cody S. Fisher as well as our regular contributions from Michael Ammar, Daryl, Bill Palmer, and Newell Unfried.

Always in Magic,
Ari Simon
www.thaumaturgenews.com

Postby Guest » April 19th, 2006, 8:59 am

Never use all capd with Old Englishespecially is you want it read.

Postby Guest » April 20th, 2006, 10:38 am

I don't know where you are seeing Old English. The web site and the magazine as well use Algerian or Algiers, neither of which exist in a lower case.

Postby Guest » May 9th, 2006, 8:46 pm

The second issue of The Thaumaturge is now available!! It contains essays a comprehensive interview with Teller, an article on writing contracts by Tobias Beckwith (manager to Jeff McBride, Marco Tempest, and Eugene Burger), a brand new trick by Cody S. Fisher, and a short memorial to Channing Pollock by Johnny Thompson, as well as our regular contributions from Michael Ammar, Daryl, Bill Palmer, and Newell Unfried. To find out more, visit our website here .

Always in Magic,
Ari Simon
www.thaumaturgenews.com

Postby Guest » May 9th, 2006, 11:50 pm

Originally posted by Bill Palmer:
I don't know where you are seeing Old English. The web site and the magazine as well use Algerian or Algiers, neither of which exist in a lower case.
Making the website nearly impossible to read...

Such fonts should be reserved for the purpose for which they were created: Titles.

The only part that is easy on the eyes is the page of compliments.

I'm also puzzled by the decision to make the pages images of text instead of text. What's that about?

Postby Guest » May 10th, 2006, 9:51 pm

Thank you for the advice about the web font. It has been changed. Just to clarify, in the newsletter itself the font is only Algerian in the titles, the articles are in Times New Roman.
Take a look at the changes here .

Always in Magic,
Ari Simon
www.thaumaturgenews.com

Return to “Other Magic Publications”