The Magician on DVD?

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.
Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

The Magician on DVD?

Postby Dustin Stinett » October 29th, 2004, 12:34 am

The grassroots effort to convince Paramount to release The Magician on DVD could probably use a little help. Paramount has already lost thousands of dollars to pirated videos and now DVDs through sites like eBay, so I think it would be in their best interest if the original, unedited episodes were indeed released. There is a very dedicated group through Yahoo spearheading this effort. I wish I had known more about them for the article, but I had just learned of the group right at the deadline so I could only give them a passing mention, since I had no solid details.

If you are interested in joining the Yahoo group, go here:

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/BillBixbySPIRIT/

You might recognize the image currently residing on their homepage. I do hope that they asked Richard for permission first, but what the heck: They seem genuinely thrilled by the article and the cover. They were kind enough to invite me to join their group, which I did.

More information on the effort to get the DVDs released can be found there. Should you not wish to join the Yahoo group, the site where one can vote for the DVD is here:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/

To vote, you must register, but its fairly painlessthough I do not yet know the SPAM ramifications (there is a no email option).

Dustin

Dustin Stinett

Re: The Magician on DVD?

Postby Dustin Stinett » November 23rd, 2004, 9:10 pm

This is very cool: There is now an easy online petition you can sign (name, email, state and ZIP required with a privacy option) as part of the effort to get "The Magician" released on DVD. It is a well written statement. I urge you to sign it and pass the link on to friends that might not come to this forum, or post it on your other favorite boards. Here's the link:

http://www.petitiononline.com/TMDvD1/petition.html

On behalf of the group at SPIRIT,

Thanks!
Dustin

Postby Guest » November 23rd, 2004, 9:58 pm

I couldn't get the link you provided to work. I'd love to see the show on DVD.

Dustin Stinett

Postby Dustin Stinett » November 24th, 2004, 8:59 am

Jim,

It works for me (and on a different PC than the one from which I posted). Have you tried copying and pasting the address into your browser?

Hope you can get it to work!

Postby Guest » November 24th, 2004, 4:13 pm

Ha. I just tried it again and it worked. Last night it wouldn't, and I did copy and paste it in the browser window.

Anyway, I'll sign the petition now :)

Postby Guest » November 25th, 2004, 6:20 am

Dustin,

Thanks for the petition link! I posted the info on Conjuror's Conjuror Conversation Corner, in which I am a board co-administrator, to help spread the word.

Jon

Dustin Stinett

Postby Dustin Stinett » November 25th, 2004, 9:24 am

Thank you Jon! And Jim, I'm pleased you were able to get it to work. To all who have signed thanks! Keep it rollin'!

Dustin Stinett

Postby Dustin Stinett » November 26th, 2004, 11:45 pm

This effort is reaching a world-wide audience! Check out this French site talking about the petition (they posted it on 11/26, so you might have to scroll down if you are checking at a later date):

http://www.virtualmagie.com/actualites/

If you haven't signed, please consider doing it now. The link is in my 11/23 post above.

Thanks!
Dustin

Dustin Stinett

Postby Dustin Stinett » December 3rd, 2004, 2:00 pm

The petition is up to 299 signatures as of this writing (in about two weeks' time). Who wants to be #300? Thanks to all that have already signed.

Obviously this effort will need more than just magicians. So dont be shy: email the link to your friends and family. As one noteworthy signer mentions, the Harry Potter phenomenon reaches millions and may have generated interest in a show such as this. Even if only a small percentage of Potter fans want it, it could prove worthwhile for Paramount.

Thanks again!
Dustin

Return to “Link Watch”