YouTube video

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.
Jon Allen

YouTube video

Postby Jon Allen » May 4th, 2007, 7:05 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85b1eI8UsDU

So this is how people get to watch magic tricks done these days. Notice how many comments the clip has generated!

Re: YouTube video

Postby Guest » May 4th, 2007, 7:48 pm

"Oops" Indeed.

Gord

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » May 4th, 2007, 9:55 pm

Almost a million hits. What does that say about the card video that everyone hailed as a great revolution in magic "speaking to the masses." Like I said then, there is no correlation between quality and hit count.

Having said that, I always really liked this trick. But just because something gets almost a million hits does not mean ANYTHING.

Keith Raygor

Postby Keith Raygor » May 6th, 2007, 12:03 pm

Brad, though I sometimes disagree with your writings and your manners, I always enjoy reading your posts as they usually present a well-thought-out discourse.

Even with your previous explanations on other threads about viral videos and number of hits, I still cannot fathom your statement:

"But just because something gets almost a million hits does not mean ANYTHING."
www.KeithTheMagician.com
www.TheMusicalMindreader.com

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » May 6th, 2007, 2:31 pm

It was poorly worded. I was trying to be pithy. I failed. What I mean by that statement is that there is no correlation between quality and hit count.

So, if someone were to get a million hits on a video, it proves nothing. It does not mean they are talented. It does not mean the video is good. It does not mean that they are offering an artistic journey that resonates deeply within the primal yet ever changing soul of the new face of our culture and magic. It means zip, zero, nada, zilch.

Sorry for the confusion.

Brad

Return to “Link Watch”