Best Magic Trick Ever !

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.
Jacky Kahan

Best Magic Trick Ever !

Postby Jacky Kahan » February 3rd, 2006, 1:58 pm

Check out this GREAT Magic Trick !

Jacky
www.magicbooks.be

Re: Best Magic Trick Ever !

Postby Guest » February 3rd, 2006, 3:35 pm

Looks like Michael Ammar is finally running out of material! --Mitch Dutton

Tony Brent

Postby Tony Brent » February 3rd, 2006, 9:22 pm

akdfjwoerjn.

Sorry, I still had my eyes closed when I typed that.

Tony Brent
Orlando, Florida

Carl Skenes

Postby Carl Skenes » February 4th, 2006, 6:04 am

I concur.

Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard!

Carl Skenes
also in Orlando, Florida

Adam Brooks

Postby Adam Brooks » February 15th, 2006, 4:27 pm

Marlo's got 37 great variations on this effect; one of which actually allows the spectator to gouge his own eyes out before the final revelation.

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » February 16th, 2006, 2:42 am

As I said elsewhere about this:

It flies right by the audience.

(That's my most hated expression in all of magic, except for, "Why that's not the missing silk -- it's your bra!")

Matt Field

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » February 16th, 2006, 1:53 pm

As is too often the case with today's magicians who just don't read the classics, there is a complete lack of crediting by this guy (whose technique and voice I recognize -- it's Stan Allen).

The method was marketed by Kenton Knepper as "Kenton's Kobra No-Kut Kontrol." The price -- $55 U.S. -- kept this exclusive until now and those that paid are going to be upset.

Incidentally, if you form the first and second fingers of your right hand into a fork-like configuration, you can poke the spectator's eyes out for a quick repeat of the effect that's a real fooler.

Jacky Kahan

Postby Jacky Kahan » February 16th, 2006, 2:00 pm

Bob,

You should have kept the sources a secret!
now every magician in the world will add this to their repertoire and it will become a "classic" with millions of variations and subtleties ...

It's a pitty magicians can't keep a secret...

Jacky
www.magicbooks.be

John LeBlanc

Postby John LeBlanc » February 16th, 2006, 2:20 pm

Originally posted by Bob Farmer:
Incidentally, if you form the first and second fingers of your right hand into a fork-like configuration, you can poke the spectator's eyes out for a quick repeat of the effect that's a real fooler.
"Oh. Wise guy, eh?" POINK!

John
My upcoming book.

http://www.escamoteurettes.com/blog/

Randy

Postby Randy » February 16th, 2006, 2:22 pm

Yet another ethics problem. I actually invented this trick back in the 60's but, instead of having the spectators close their eyes, I would just turn around for a second. Now, with one little change, this guy calls it a "new" trick. Oh, the nerve.

Postby Guest » February 16th, 2006, 2:45 pm

There had a great place to post that trick. On the

PUTZ FILE.......Mike

Jim Snapp

Postby Jim Snapp » February 18th, 2006, 8:57 am

Hi;
Another version where the spectator does not have to close their eyes is a variation of the 'cockroach pass'. After the card is placed on the face of the deck, you yell 'cockroach' and stomp on the floor several times. While the spectator is looking at the floor you move the card from the face to the top.

Jim

Gord

Postby Gord » February 18th, 2006, 11:23 am

I have just read this trick in "The James File." It's called "32 1/2 Faces North, North-East."
After the telling and explaining of James version of the trick there are several variations by other magicians. David Ben requires you to cover your eyes with your hand, while Howard Lyons version needs the spectator to spin around quickly.
Bob Farmer used the classic "Hey, look over there!" version (First described in Ibidem #3 (August 1955)) While Harry Lorayne uses the variation "Hey, look over there, is that Harry Lorayne?"
Tom Ransom requires you to short the deck of several cards and the rest are all seven of clubs, while Richard Kauffman uses a Svengali Deck.
Allan Slaight has a unique variation where he hires David Ben to do his version, then says "Taa-daa" at the end, while Patrick Watson shows a short documentary about Stewart James doing the trick in between the placement of the card at the bottom and the revelation of the card at the top.
And to end it all, Max Maven only uses four cards and at the end reveals that the other cards are all blank.

Return to “Link Watch”