Fred Kaps/Brother John Hamman Clips

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.

Fred Kaps/Brother John Hamman Clips

Postby Guest » October 22nd, 2007, 10:49 am

This is beyond awesome, Fred Kaps doing close up magic for Brother John Hamman...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlAWGbiitsU

Also, in the Related Videos column to the right, there are a few more videos of Kaps performing for Brother John.

In the coin routines, you can see him using the subtlety that now bares his name.

James

Re: Fred Kaps/Brother John Hamman Clips

Postby Guest » October 22nd, 2007, 11:44 am

The band sounds very much like the band that used to play at Browns for the Saturday night Tannens Jubilee show.

WOW....the memories!!

Adrian

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 22nd, 2007, 12:56 pm

All the Hamman/Kaps films were made privately by Phillipe Fialho who lived in Nice. He was a wealthy guy and used to fly Kaps and Hamman out there during the summers.
The films leaked out, were transferred to tape, all without Hamman or Kaps' permission.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » October 22nd, 2007, 1:25 pm

A great swedish close up magician, Gert Malmros (1934-1999) was invited by Philippe Fialho for a session in Paris with Fred Kaps, Brother Hamman och Danny Ray, 1974 if i remember correctly.

A "shorten" message from my friend Eddy Taytelbaum, Amsterdam regarding the videos with his long time friend Fred Kaps:

"Of course it is nice to see my dear friend
Fred Kaps doing several tricks that I have seen him perform live, but I must say that that it
takes a lot of patience to sit through them.

Take for instance the Gipsy Curse. So much talking before the trick begins, Ok, at the end the trick is good but in this way Magic
becomes annoying.

I said it before, Magic is time related, what seems to be good 20 years ago cant compete with today performers."

Postby Guest » October 22nd, 2007, 2:06 pm

Originally posted by Kjellstrom:

I said it before, Magic is time related, what seems to be good 20 years ago cant compete with today performers."
I agree. Thankfully we are now able to dispense with premise and presentation, and just get into eye candy.

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone do any magic today that ISN'T over 20 years old (with very few exceptions)?

Brandon Hall

Postby Brandon Hall » October 23rd, 2007, 9:36 am

[/QUOTE]Thankfully we are now able to dispense with premise and presentation, and just get into eye candy.[/QUOTE]
I love it!
"Hope I Die Before I Get Old"
P. Townshend

Postby Guest » October 23rd, 2007, 10:28 am

Originally posted by Kjellstrom:

Maybe if he had a really cool snazzy jacket on it would have made it better?

;)

Postby Guest » October 23rd, 2007, 10:47 am

Please read my post again:

A "shorten" message from my friend Eddy Taytelbaum, Amsterdam regarding the videos with his long time friend Fred Kaps:

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » October 23rd, 2007, 12:07 pm

Te Fialho clips are priceless, all the magic Kaps did here stands the test of time.
Stay tooned.

Return to “Link Watch”