Gospel Mime

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.
Bill Mullins

Gospel Mime

Postby Bill Mullins » August 12th, 2005, 2:21 pm

It looks to me like the Gospel Mimes are ready to
KICK YOUR ASS.

link

Richard Hatch

Re: Gospel Mime

Postby Richard Hatch » August 12th, 2005, 2:30 pm

I'm speechless...

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » August 12th, 2005, 2:41 pm

You don't say . . .

Bill Palmer

Postby Bill Palmer » August 12th, 2005, 3:44 pm

How totally frightening and declass!
Bill Palmer, MIMC

Robert Allen

Postby Robert Allen » August 12th, 2005, 4:53 pm

Are you flashing me gang signs or just trying to say hello?

Postby Guest » August 15th, 2005, 12:11 pm

Wow. "Frightening and declass"? "Gang signs"? I don't see what you mean, unless you're referring to the fact that they're black.

-David L.

Postby Guest » August 15th, 2005, 12:38 pm

Might be they are looking unhappy and remove the mime make up they would look great on a gangsta rap CD.

I dislike gospel mimes, with reason. Back in the 70's I was a gospel puppeteer and we had this young lady who was a mime (one of the millions who 'studied' under that Marcel Marcou(sp), like any of them didn't). We, the other puppeteers etc, were going to meet some place after the show and I stayed to put things away and the only one left was the mime, in make up. I asked where to meet the others and this idiot danced around making gestures because she couldn't speak w/ her make up on! I tell ya, I gave up puppets, church, mimes, everything because of her. Rotten mime, and David, she was white in case you are keeping score.
Steve V

Robert Allen

Postby Robert Allen » August 15th, 2005, 1:06 pm

My reference to "gang signs" was a feeble attempt at an anti-mime joke. It was based on their projected hardboiled image, not their color. Here in California the youth of all races project that image and flash various signs :) .

I'm not sure about the 'declasse' bit, but it struck me as a reference to line from a comic or movie.

Really though, how can one be a "Gospel" mine? The most detailed idea I've ever seen expressed by a mime was being stuck in an invisible box. Unless we're talking charades here, not mime?

Postby Guest » August 15th, 2005, 2:20 pm

Lemme tell you what we use to have our iritating mime do. Someone would read a bible related story and the mime would over act it. Then afterward she would iritate people by pretending to walk into the wind, being trapped in a box, pulling a rope, all that brilliant stuff mimes learned from Marcel. Man, I may look her up and have my dog bite her.
Steve V

Eric Rose

Postby Eric Rose » August 15th, 2005, 11:31 pm

Steve V' has his own mime?

Robert Allen

Postby Robert Allen » August 16th, 2005, 11:38 am

Yes, some people have attack dogs, but Steve has a mime. Nothing terrifies potential attackers more than when he gestures to them and tells his whitefaced buddy, "Mime 'em!"

:D

Return to “Link Watch”