Ultimate Magic

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.

Ultimate Magic

Postby Guest » March 22nd, 2004, 10:56 am

I'm new to the Internet and new to magic and am looking for the best places to learn. I really like this site and am glad I found it. Some of the people I have talked to online suggested I join the Ultimate Magic site. But some others said they expose a lot of stuff and I shouldn't. Anybody have any opinions?

jimmycards

Re: Ultimate Magic

Postby jimmycards » March 23rd, 2004, 7:23 am

Try themagiccafe.com
Large site with a lot of info.
Jim Molinari
www.jimmycards.com

Postby Guest » April 6th, 2004, 8:18 pm

Forget the Ultimate Magic Network! They have a bunch of hosts on a power trip and the exposure is sickning. Take a look at this link. It is a post made at Ultimate Magic by someone, and none of the moderatiors or hosts have bothered to remove it!

http://www.ultimatemagic.com/forums/rea ... =133&t=133

The site has a lot of corruption going on now, and I advise everyone to look elsewhere for their magic needs. There are places on the web a hell of a lot more serious and better. Any questions?

Postby Guest » April 8th, 2004, 11:04 am

yes I agree, but this was taken out of context. This was the only time this ever happened, and I agree that it is odd no one removed this post....btw jimmy cards...how goes it?

Adam

Postby Guest » April 8th, 2004, 11:05 am

yes I agree, but this was taken out of context. This was the only time this ever happened, and I agree that it is odd no one removed this post....btw jimmy cards...how goes it? :)

Adam

Postby Guest » April 8th, 2004, 1:09 pm

Magic-Adamn, I beg to differ. This is not the first time it has happend. I use to go to the site a lot, but all the trading, etc. sickend me. I stand by my recent comment to find another site other than Ultimate Magic for your magic needs. Not just because of the exposure issue, but because of a lot of rumors going around now.

Good day,

Bobby Minter

Scott Fridinger

Postby Scott Fridinger » April 21st, 2004, 10:55 am

The Post is gone now.....

Postby Guest » May 26th, 2004, 1:21 pm

I'm not up on any dirty dealing regarding the Ultimate Magic site, but I have visited it on a few occasions, and found nothing all that helpful to a newcomer, or for that matter, for myself either. I would agree with the post above and visit the Magic Cafe web site. There is a bounty of resources there for magicians of all skill levels.

Best,

Mike

Postby Guest » May 26th, 2004, 6:55 pm

I hated all of the people on that website who wanted to trade. There were too many newbs there. But there were a lot of people there who knew what they were doing and were great to talk to. I never looked at the library much because it was 2 card monte (Be Honest What is it?) and Card sanwitches being called Wave the Aces being posted every two seconds. Plus that site went down hill after a while. Most of the old hosts were recently fired.

Postby Guest » May 27th, 2004, 3:46 am

I'll tell you what, for a long time I didn't mind dealing with a large group of beginners. I was a member on the Penguin board for quite awhile, but what ended up happening was that I became a reference source for every kid who bought the Sterling S&S set. I made the mistake of sending a few people a couple of basic S&S routines and within a couple weeks I was getting PM'd into the stone age by every newbie in the civilized world... demanding that I send them the routines, and in some cases, demanding that I make up some new ones so they wouldn't be doing the same stuff as the other kids that got my routines!!! Some were quite rude I should add.

That's when I basically made the Cafe my home, and man, what a difference :)

Best,

Mike

Return to “Link Watch”