S.A.M. gets a new online forum!

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.

S.A.M. gets a new online forum!

Postby Guest » August 8th, 2007, 8:33 am

As a member of the Genii Forum, you can see how powerful this mode of communication can be. So just imagine what it could do for a magic society.

For the past two years, I have been working with the National Council of the S.A.M. to bring a new forum to life, SAMTALKING.COM , which has been specially designed to bring an interactive community experience to our 7,000 members worldwide. If you're a member of the S.A.M., here's just a hint of what awaits you there:

Real-time communication within your Assembly
Group conversations with other Assemblies in your region
Opportunities for members without Assemblies to interact with other S.A.M. members
Direct pipelines to Regional Vice Presidents and other officers, all the way up to the National President
Conversations among the entire global S.A.M. community
Discussion areas ranging from magical effects, to volunteering for special programs, to the latest issue of M-U-M
Marketplaces where you can buy, sell, and trade effects, books, DVDs, and collectibles with your fellow compeers
The ability to send and receive personal messages to other S.A.M. members around the world
And more!

So register and start participating today at SAMTALKING.COM -- the latest benefit to your membership in the Society of American Magicians, the oldest and now most connected magical society in the world.

Best,
Neil Tobin
President, Chicago Assembly No. 3
Administrator, SAMtalking.com

Re: S.A.M. gets a new online forum!

Postby Guest » August 29th, 2007, 7:50 am

NEWS FLASH: 200 members of the S.A.M. have registed in the first month. At this rate, we'll be 1,000 strong by the end of the year!

If you haven't registered yet and you're a current member of the S.A.M., I hope you'll stop by SAMTALKING.COM today.

Best,
Neil

Neil Tobin
President, Chicago Assembly No. 3
Adminstrator, SAMtalking.com

Postby Guest » August 29th, 2007, 8:20 am

Thanks Neil...

Some people are confused about how to get "registered" in the forum. You might want to point out that you need to click on the "Log In" or "Register" button just below and to the right of the big billboard on top.

Once you get signed in and approved (must be a SAM member in good standing), you will be amazed at the access we are given to individual Assemblies around the world (yes, it is an international organization)....

So, if you are a member of SAM, do sign up. If not, join SAM and then sign up....

opie

Postby Guest » August 29th, 2007, 8:22 am

Neil,

I registered yesterday morning. I understood the site to say I had to be approved first. I have not received any info about being approved so I can log in. Does it take a couple of days ?

Mark Pettey
Naples, FL

Postby Guest » August 29th, 2007, 8:36 am

I believe you have to sign up under your real name, according to the agreement terms, etc... Also, I have noticed that a few folks did not enter the required e-mail address, on which one gets notification of his/her approval on the forum...That might account for your delay getting approved...

If you think you are checked in okay, go on the forum and click on "Log in", just below and to the right of the upper billboard....You will need your password, which also is approved by e mail...Anyway, check all the data you submitted and make sure it is right....Then try to log on...If you continue to have problems, PM or e-mail Neil (moderator) on the site...

opie

Richard Perrin

Postby Richard Perrin » August 29th, 2007, 3:05 pm

I am a member of SAM and I registered SAMtalk. Guess what when I got an e mail from them... denied! So I am not to bother to sign up again! Genii forum is good enough for me!

Postby Guest » September 4th, 2007, 8:30 am

Richard, if you didn't submit the required info to SAMtalking.com, then you can't be accepted. Too many spammers try to get in by falsifying information, and it is my job to keep the space safe to our members.

Please note that the Registration Troubleshooting area, which is visible to all, invites you to contact me directly with any difficulties. That's what I'm here for.

As much as I enjoy the Genii Forum, I can assure you that you are not getting the most out of your S.A.M. membership if you are not also at SAMtalking.com . Let's get you registered properly by contacting me here: neiltobin@hotmail.com

Talk with you soon,
Neil Tobin
President, Chicago Assembly 3

P.S. I should add that Trumpetman (Mark Pettey) has been successfully registered. NT

Postby Guest » September 4th, 2007, 10:52 am

Richard Perrin,

Are you sure you registered for SAMtalking...or SAMTalk.

SAMtalking is the new forum, which has an open posting policy, like Genii.....SAMTalk is the old board, run by B.K., which requires that the moderator preview your posts....

Come on in, Richard....I would like to hear more about why you were denied membership in the old board, SAMTalk...

opie

Richard Perrin

Postby Richard Perrin » September 5th, 2007, 10:40 am

ok ok ok
I will give a try just once.

Opie, I don't remember why SAMtalk denied. I just delete email from them. I guess it was not enough information about me. Dunno!

Postby Guest » September 5th, 2007, 11:02 am

I look forward to seeing you plug in as much information about you as you wish...haha...

Come on down!

Both Genii and SAMtalking are places where we can say things like they are....well, most of the time....hehe

opie

Richard Perrin

Postby Richard Perrin » September 6th, 2007, 9:18 pm

Yesterday I registered and I will wait and see today to see if I get an e mail from them. Will keep u post on this!

Postby Guest » September 7th, 2007, 4:58 am

Am happy to see that you are now signed up and posting over at SAMtalking....

opie

Richard Perrin

Postby Richard Perrin » September 7th, 2007, 3:10 pm

Got IN, baby!
Done posting there!
WooYoo! :whack:

Postby Guest » September 10th, 2007, 7:28 am

I registered and never received a reply on being approved. I tried to log on ..and it let me in....

Postby Guest » September 10th, 2007, 4:38 pm

Welcome aboard, Richard.

James, confirmations often end up consigned to Junk email folders by overzealous spam filters. (But I try not to take it personally.)

Talk with you soon,
Neil

Neil Tobin

Return to “Link Watch”