[MagicMentors]

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.
Ray Haddad

[MagicMentors]

Postby Ray Haddad » January 6th, 2004, 9:45 pm

Do you need a magic mentor? How would you like to tap into the knowledge of more than 100 magicians with a combined experience of hundreds of years in the performance of magic?
Do you enjoy helping others learn magic as you were taught? Join and be available to advise others by relating your experience to the new magic lovers among us. Surprisingly, some of the newest magicians have some of the freshest ideas.
Right now, until 30 January, 2004, membership in this mailing list is open without restriction. After that date, you will need a referral from an existing member to join.
Go to [MagicMentors] Mailing List and sign up today. You will then be able to join in another active internet discussion of magic as it was meant to be.

Ray
Best Regards,
Ray
http://www.rayhaddad.com

opie

Re: [MagicMentors]

Postby opie » January 6th, 2004, 10:52 pm

Ray, I joined your forum, but I have a problem making a post which displays my e mail...not that all pharmacy, singles, and enhancement webs don't already have it....If you would program the place to allow for e mail to be hidden on request, I would love to play there...

I really liked your response and one other person's response on the Chop Cup. That is the kind of help I think you are trying to give there...

However, there were two questions asked which were not answered, and one caused a rant...The response regarding the illusion could have been answered with, "Wilson, CCIM", and the card question answered with, "Hugard/Braue,RRTCM".

Anyway, good to see you out and about....opie

John LeBlanc

Postby John LeBlanc » January 8th, 2004, 2:11 pm

Originally posted by opie:
Ray, I joined your forum, but I have a problem making a post which displays my e mail...not that all pharmacy, singles, and enhancement webs don't already have it....If you would program the place to allow for e mail to be hidden on request, I would love to play there...
And it would be great to have you in the playground.

It's impossible to hide your email address in the Yahoo! Groups system. What I'd suggest is that you sign up for a Yahoo! email address, which is part of your Yahoo! account anyway, and use that as your primary email address. Problem solved.

However, there were two questions asked which were not answered, and one caused a rant...The response regarding the illusion could have been answered with, "Wilson, CCIM", and the card question answered with, "Hugard/Braue,RRTCM".
See? Perfect reason for you to come out and play. :)

John LeBlanc
Houston, TX

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » January 8th, 2004, 2:38 pm

Or one could get away from Yahoo groups completely by purchasing some inexpensive hosting and setting up an actual forums script. Yahoo groups are ad infested and not particularly user friendly.

Ray Haddad

Postby Ray Haddad » January 9th, 2004, 12:43 am

Originally posted by Chris Aguilar:
Or one could get away from Yahoo groups completely by purchasing some inexpensive hosting and setting up an actual forums script. Yahoo groups are ad infested and not particularly user friendly.
This one's not too bad. I've limited the ads to only those required.

Try it for a while and if you don't like it, you can always opt out.

Best,
Ray
Best Regards,

Ray

http://www.rayhaddad.com

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » January 9th, 2004, 9:06 am

Ray,

Thanks for the invite, but I've used Yahoo groups pretty extensively in the past and the hassle of using them (and my dislike for the ads no matter how few there are) has caused me to give them up. I realize they are free and easy to set up, but they aren't much fun for people used to frequenting forums with professional quality features (Private messaging, polls, advanced formatting, etc.) I think if one wants to attract quality conversation, then it's not a bad idea to provide a quality (read "not ad supported") solution.

Postby Guest » January 10th, 2004, 9:49 am

And for those who don't know, Chris isn't simply puffing effluent out his derrire, as his Conjure Nation is a top flight board.

--Randy Campbell

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » January 10th, 2004, 8:33 pm

Great Randy. Now EVERYONE'S going to want to go there...
;)

Postby Guest » January 11th, 2004, 8:28 am

My recommendation, if the past is any guide, spells certain doom for Conjure Nation.

--Randy Campbell

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » January 11th, 2004, 12:31 pm

^^^Er, let's hope not!

Return to “Link Watch”