New Coin Book being released

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.
Larry Barnowsky

New Coin Book being released

Postby Larry Barnowsky » June 29th, 2005, 1:04 pm

21st Century Coin Mechanics is a book explaining some of the latest original advancements in sleight of hand with coins. 25 chapters and over 300 crisp black and white photos teach you in detail how to learn and perform these sleights and routines. I spared no expense in working with the best printer I could find. The book is 8 1/2 x 11 inches, #80 Ultra Satin Stock, Smyth Case Bound, Gold Stamped Cloth Cover, and Four Color Dust Jacket. This will be a beautiful addition to your library. The book will be ready for delivery by August 2005.
Go to http://www.geocities.com/larrybarnowsky/
for more information, photos, preview of dust jacket, and how to order. Look for the ad in September Genii Magazine.
21st Century Coin Mechanics
Magica Analytica
barnowskymagic.com

Re: New Coin Book being released

Postby Guest » June 29th, 2005, 1:20 pm

Wonderful! I was just asked about a book on coins the other day and will add yours to the list. I'm going to be adding a segiment on new releases on our review show we do on magicbroadcast.com. Please do me a favor and email me the info on the book once you have a confirmed release date and that way I can make sure it makes it on the show as a new release.
Steve V

Larry Barnowsky

Postby Larry Barnowsky » July 22nd, 2005, 1:44 pm

Steve,
I get some advanced copies Aug 3 and will be shipping orders starting August 15.
Magica Analytica
barnowskymagic.com

Larry Barnowsky

Postby Larry Barnowsky » August 18th, 2005, 5:34 pm

Update:
All preorders have been shipped. Books are now in stock and ready for immediate shipment.
Magica Analytica
barnowskymagic.com

Larry Barnowsky

Postby Larry Barnowsky » September 4th, 2005, 10:35 am

Check out reviews of 21st Century Coin Mechanics at the Magic Cafe:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view ... rum=110&11
Magica Analytica
barnowskymagic.com

Adrian Kuiper

Postby Adrian Kuiper » September 4th, 2005, 1:56 pm

Larry are there any videos available of a few of your routines that would compell someone to buy it the book?
You mention some new and startling moves....but what can be done with the moves?

Videos would be a great way to market a book.

Adrian

Jacky Kahan

Postby Jacky Kahan » September 4th, 2005, 2:15 pm

yes,
video's would be nice !
Also if some geniiForum members read the book, some feedback would be great....

cheers

jacky
www.magicbooks.be

Larry Barnowsky

Postby Larry Barnowsky » September 4th, 2005, 4:58 pm

Jacky,
Until Genii Forum readers post a review you can read some reviews on the Magic Cafe. The link is listed in my prior post. The first books were shipped August 15. I have shipped about 50 books to Canada, Europe, and throughout the USA already. Richard Kaufman just emailed me and asked if I was going to be submitting the book for review in Genii. The answer was yes of course and Genii will shortly have a copy to review.

Adrian,
I was not planning on promoting the book with video clips. First, the material in the book is exclusively intended for the purchasers of the book alone. I do not want it spread over the internet. I've personally found that video ads can be very misleading. I have made videos of many of the routines and have shared those with a limited number of people for feedback. In the future if there is demand for such, I may come out with a companion DVD. I believe however, that the best way to learn the sleights and routines I do is from the book and not from a teaching video.
As far as what can be done with these new moves, you have 11 routines complete with the exact script I use and explained step by step with sharp b/w photos. The first 14 chapters explain the mechanics or sleights. The following 11 chapter are the applied mechanics or routines. There are 315 b/w photos in all. At my web site a summary of the book contents can be found along with sample photos and a pdf of the color dust jacket. Someone on the Magic Cafe actually detailed the contents of the first 7 chapters in their review.
By the way, you will not find Edge Grip, Goshman Pinch, or Shuttle Pass used anywhere in the book. Most of the effects use no gaffs. No sleeving or lapping is required. You will learn new original false counts, acquitments, retention of vision vanishes, coin changes, switches, and much more.

Larry
Magica Analytica
barnowskymagic.com

Postby Guest » September 4th, 2005, 10:38 pm

Larry, TBH, I think it would still be good to *se*, how a routine does look seen from a specs -even if it in this case might be a magician- point of view.

A lot of ppl might have difficulties in judging from a written description only and a vid might show them the REAL value of a certain sleight, eg. that it is usefull AND deceptive..
JMHO re videoclips.
I too think they are a good 'advertisment' for a book that explains the finer points of a certain handling/routine or sleight..

PS. I second, NO Edge Grip, nor Shuttle Pass or even a Goshman Pinch for once is used to get a deceptive result :)
Goshman didn't use either of them in his *real* act :D

Kevin Fox

Postby Kevin Fox » September 5th, 2005, 10:49 am

I have bought the book it is well produced & i'm just getting stuck into it, If a DVD was also available Id buy it in line with what has already been said
Kevin Fox

Larry Barnowsky

Postby Larry Barnowsky » September 24th, 2005, 5:58 pm

I'm currently working on a supplement to 21st Century Coin Mechanics. It will be a CD of MPG video files showing how the sleights look when performed. Some routines will also be included. This is not a teaching video. I have no plans on using these video clips to promote the book.
It will be available only to prior and current purchasers of the book. I will be selling this at a nominal cost (my cost of postage, media, and duplication). I will make an announcement when the CD is available.
Magica Analytica
barnowskymagic.com

dsalley13

Postby dsalley13 » June 13th, 2009, 8:08 pm

Books rule. Thank you for producing these 2 fine books. I want them both and will have them. For some of us, books are the best way to learn. DVD's just leave me wanting......a book! :o)

dsalley13

Larry Barnowsky

Postby Larry Barnowsky » July 17th, 2009, 6:02 pm

Here are some video clips of some of the moves taught in the book. The retention vanishes will give you powerful tools to perform some amazing coin magic:

http://www.geocities.com/larrybarnowsky/movieclips.html

Larry
Magica Analytica
barnowskymagic.com

Return to “Link Watch”