Sgt. Pepper's Ghost

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.

Jim Maloney_dup1

Re: Sgt. Pepper's Ghost

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » July 3rd, 2007, 9:26 am

Cool -- I'd seen the video when it first came out and, naturally, the album as well, but I didn't realize that they were using the Pepper's Ghost concept to get the ghost effects. That's awesome.

-Jim

Postby Guest » July 4th, 2007, 12:05 am

Very interesting ... this completely passed me by.

b/w

Nik

Postby Guest » July 4th, 2007, 12:22 am

Love that!
I like these spirits more than any computer graphic ghosts in a long time. They can haunt my house anytime! Pepper's Ghost rules!

Andrew Martin Portala

Postby Andrew Martin Portala » July 4th, 2007, 8:58 am

Cool
But did you see that girl take his mandolin?
First his money and now this.Paul is not having a great time with women.
I wonder what was in the tea???

Postby Guest » July 4th, 2007, 2:29 pm

Even though they are transparent, there is a dimensionality and "heft" to the "ghosts" that one doesn't often see in CGI. This required a lot of careful practice, but the result was worth it.

The cute ghost girl is Natalie Portman of Star Wars fame. You have to wonder how quickly she said yes when a Living Legend called and asked her to be in his music video?

Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » July 4th, 2007, 2:42 pm

The cute ghost girl is Natalie Portman of Star Wars fame. You have to wonder how quickly she said yes when a Living Legend called and asked her to be in his music video?
Apparently, Stella has made a number of things for her (including the dress she's wearing in the video). Paul got in touch with Natalie through her and said "Hi, I'm Stella's dad..."

There's several other high profile folks involved as well: the postman is Mackenzie Crook from the original UK version of "The Office" as well as "Pirates of the Caribbean" and the video was directed by Michel Gondry, who also directed "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind".

-Jim

Return to “Link Watch”