Art Benjamin

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.

Art Benjamin

Postby Guest » December 19th, 2007, 7:59 pm

Re: Art Benjamin

Postby Guest » December 22nd, 2007, 6:16 am

I really love watching this video, truly amazing this man is, I have seen him perform at the Magic Castle. I marvel at his fantastic ability to do this Mathmagic and his ability to entertain so wonderfully too!

Scott

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 22nd, 2007, 7:56 am

I hate math. Ick. I vividly recall sitting in math class in 9th grade listening to Mr. Bonadio talk and understanding NOTHING he was saying. It was if he was speaking in a foreign language.

So, the idea of watching someone present math as entertainment is ... well ... not a much more pleasant thought than watching someone stick pins into a cat.

However, saw Art Benjamin at the LA History Conference and he was very entertaining--mostly because of the spectators onstage and their calculators trying to keep up with what he was apparently doing in his head. Still, after about 10 minutes I had to leave. It's still math. Ick.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » December 22nd, 2007, 8:44 am

His book was very useful to me (also a math-phobe) in learning how to do everyday math in my head.

Lisa Cousins

Postby Lisa Cousins » December 22nd, 2007, 9:07 am

I like to see people doing their feat. I like seeing high-level anything.

Return to “Link Watch”