The Magic Files

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.

The Magic Files

Postby Guest » July 4th, 2004, 9:57 pm

The Magic Files was started a few months ago by myself and a friend, Ryan Dickey. Its main purpose is to record the contents of magic books, lecture notes, and magazines, to make researching easier and more convenient.

Over the past few weeks, The Magic Files was redesigned and recoded. Please visit http://www.themagicfiles.com to view the new site. Thanks to Jason Alford for a lot of help with the coding.

There are a few things that aren't quite finished. First, images on the magician biography pages. We are waiting for permission from several people before including their images.

Also, the footer of the site is incompatible with the Safari web browser. We are working on resolving this issue.

I know the design is "heavy" and the site may take a while to load if you are using dial-up, so I have created a low-bandwidth version for dial-up users.

The old website can still be viewed at http://www.themagicfiles.com/magic/ for those interested.

Please don't hesitate to shoot me an email with what you think of the site, or reply here. I'd really like to get some feedback, whether it be good or bad. Listening to the visitors will be the only way to keep the site alive.

Thanks,

Cameron

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: The Magic Files

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 5th, 2004, 7:58 am

You do not need someone's permission to post their photograph on your website provided that the person is someone who is known as a performer, inventor, publisher, or manufacturer in our field.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

sleightly

Postby sleightly » July 5th, 2004, 8:41 am

To clarify Richard's point...

You don't need permission to post images of public figures if you are the copyright holder of the image (meaning you or an agent working for you took the photo). However, permission must still be obtained to use someone else's images (such as those from their promotional website or from a publication).

I think it is great that you are taking the step of requesting permission.

Good luck with the site!

By the way, you can use any of the images at absomagic.com or threeshellgame.com if you credit where they come from...

;O}

ajp

Postby Guest » July 5th, 2004, 12:39 pm

Alright. Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Return to “Link Watch”