Let's Talk Magic Internet radio broadcast

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.
Bryan Dreyfus

Let's Talk Magic Internet radio broadcast

Postby Bryan Dreyfus » April 29th, 2005, 6:38 pm

Hello All,

In Sept of last year I began broadcasting over the internet and monitoring my chatroom for that live input from listeners.

Check out my list of guests coming soon to see if you would like to listen and join in with your questions.

I have just aquired a servewr that will boost my capabilities many fold but until I learn how to use it I will submit my present url

www.letstalkmagic.com

Live shows at 9 PM eastern standard time (east coast of USA). I do a telephone interview and use my listeners comments and/or questions as a big part of show. Come be a part of interviews with the famous, not so famous, near famous and just everyday magicians....everyone has a story.

Bryan
Bryan

mrgoat

Re: Let's Talk Magic Internet radio broadcast

Postby mrgoat » April 30th, 2005, 3:19 pm

podcast it...

please!

Steve V

Postby Steve V » April 30th, 2005, 4:39 pm

And after Bryan is done y'all can jump over to www.magicbroadcast.com for live shows Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday...and rebroadcast when not live.
Steve V
Steve V

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » May 1st, 2005, 3:53 am

Originally posted by Steve V:
And after Bryan is done y'all can jump over to www.magicbroadcast.com for live shows Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday...and rebroadcast when not live.
Steve V
Podcast it!

Steve V

Postby Steve V » May 1st, 2005, 2:32 pm

What is a podcast?
Steve V
Steve V

John LeBlanc

Postby John LeBlanc » May 2nd, 2005, 10:30 am

Originally posted by Steve V:
What is a podcast?
Steve V
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcasting

John LeBlanc
http://www.escamoteurettes.com/blog/

Postby Guest » May 2nd, 2005, 11:46 am

I checked with the powers that be and they said a podcast was in the works but not on the top of their list at this time. Just to let you know they are going to start having a show out of the UK on Sunday Afternoons (at least here) by Jon Allen. So now they have live shows Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
Steve V

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » May 2nd, 2005, 11:54 am

Originally posted by Steve V':
I checked with the powers that be and they said a podcast was in the works but not on the top of their list at this time. Just to let you know they are going to start having a show out of the UK on Sunday Afternoons (at least here) by Jon Allen. So now they have live shows Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
Steve V
That's good to know. It's utterly easy to create the podcast rss feed so if you want some help let me know.

Having people subscribe to your show and then INSTANTLY downloading a new one and it INSTANTLY appearing on your ipod/whatever mp3 player you own it a wonderful thing.

I have a million (lie) bookmarks and I hardly ever use them. I read my RSS client daily, several times a day. And I always have my ipod in my pocket.

This means I can hear your shows whenever I want.

And SteveV, check out www.ipodder.org - there are 5,000 podcasts currently out there to chose from.

It will take over radio. For sure.

It's essentially Tivo for radio.

You only get content you want when you want it. It's glorious and I welcom any magic podcasts!

Goaty

Postby Guest » May 2nd, 2005, 3:33 pm

Cool....I don't know much about computers myself. I say if I can listen to the Robert Baxt interview anytime I chose I'm there.
Steve V

Postby Guest » May 18th, 2005, 10:57 pm

Steve brought this thread to my attention, so I thought I could clear it up.

(Side note: Jon Allen is not the fella working on the live UK show)

MP3 Downloads, and at the same time Podcasting, is certainly on my list for station improvements. However, right now my development schedule is crammed. Especially with the countdown to the Reno IBM convention where we'll be live for all 5 days... plenty to do!

Best estimate I can give is sometime over the summer. When it does happen, however, it will not be complete files of every show. Probably more like 15 to 60 minute excerpts of feature interviews and other highlights.

One last thing to clear up... Bryan, your calendar seems to be out of order... it's NOVEMBER that comes after Halloween. ;)

-Ryan

Return to “Alternative Media”