The Trilogy by Dan and Dave Buck

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.

The Trilogy by Dan and Dave Buck

Postby Guest » June 23rd, 2007, 5:23 pm

Has anyone seen this new release? Though I am not a huge fan of the flourishes some of the material seemed very good and clean. I was wondering what anyone else thought.

While some of the productions caught my eye I had to wonder is this origanal or did they take it from other people?

Mike Rozek

Re: The Trilogy by Dan and Dave Buck

Postby Mike Rozek » June 23rd, 2007, 9:16 pm

I hadn't planned on picking Trilogy up until I heard John Lovick's one word review at Luke Jermay's lecture last Wednesday.

I believe the word was "Great". It may have been "Fantastic". Either way, that's high enough praise for me, and it's now on my "must buy" list.

Postby Guest » June 23rd, 2007, 9:18 pm

It is their original material. Some moves/cuts are based on the work of others, as the case with all magic publications, but these items are credited. If you like visual, sometimes difficult material, then I highly recommend the Bucks' work and the Trilogy especially.

Postby Guest » June 24th, 2007, 5:42 am

Just because of the way I perform I don't do a lot of florishes. This is the biggest turnoff for me. I really don't want to pa 85$ for something I am not really sure on.

Postby Guest » June 24th, 2007, 8:29 pm

Well, a third of the Trilogy is effects, a third is complicated flourish work, and a third is cool extra stuff ( color changes, less complicated flourishes). The effects in the Trilogy all are simple (not necessarily so in the handling), direct, and visual. If that sounds appealing then buy it. I don't use a lot of flourishes while performing, but do use some in between effects. I would say the Trilogy is worth it even if you are not into complicated flourishes.

Postby Guest » June 25th, 2007, 5:31 am

I probably won't get it. I don't do enough card work to justifiy such a purchase. I have moved into coins more now.

Postby Guest » June 25th, 2007, 10:42 am

Return to “Alternative Media”