Magic and Law blog

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.

Magic and Law blog

Postby Guest » May 24th, 2007, 9:43 am

The intersection of these two fields comes up on GF from time to time. Some may find this interesting.

Bob Farmer

Re: Magic and Law blog

Postby Bob Farmer » May 24th, 2007, 1:34 pm

This is a very interesting blog and so are the others the blogger has -- oh, oh -- someone who has the same interests as me--

Re: Magic and Law blog

Postby Guest » May 24th, 2007, 3:03 pm

De Minimis

Abbreviation for maxim de minimis non curat lex, "the law cares not for small things." A legal doctrine by which a court refuses to consider trifling matters.

This doctrine is already in place in society such as many police matters. My outgoing mail was stolen the other day. The local police dept took the report on the phone but I was told this was simply too small for the Postal Inspection Service and that the report would not be turned over to them.

In many cases the police do not investigate anything, they simply take reports and hope that something will pop up in arrests of bad guys later, as in our case, the stolen checks.

In some larger metro areas, the police won't even show up for traffic accidents unless someone is injured.

Of course, in copyright, this simply furthers my observation that soon only larger corporations will have copyright protection because only they will be able to afford litigation.

Return to “Alternative Media”