Angel on Oprah

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.

Angel on Oprah

Postby Guest » May 4th, 2007, 9:08 pm

This Monday, May 7th.

Re: Angel on Oprah

Postby Guest » May 5th, 2007, 5:23 pm

... so I'm not the only one who doesn't really care I see...

Postby Guest » May 5th, 2007, 5:54 pm

Actually it might be interesting. Many years ago Oprah told Tom Cruise that his movie "Interview with the Vampire" was "Evil." And she went to explain that she meant there was a "bad spirit" about it.
With that in mind, it might be interesting to see how Oprah reacts to a piece of thread from the tear duct.

Gord

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 5th, 2007, 9:15 pm

Considering that Criss's appearance is part of the book promotion, it's likely he'll perform and teach one of the tricks from the book.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » May 5th, 2007, 9:51 pm

And a fine collection of 40 tricks in the book indeed.

I admit to trying #40 "No Hands" for family and friends tonight...it killed. Thanks Richard!

I'll be watching Angel on Oprah!
Cruise jumped on the couch, maybe Criss will make it disappear.

Postby Guest » May 6th, 2007, 7:11 pm

Hey everyone, you know that trick with the spike and cups that we've all been laughing at other people's misfortunes with.
Angel is doing it on Oprah!
Now that's entertainment.

Gord

Postby Guest » May 7th, 2007, 1:33 pm

Well, he has come and gone.... there you have it.

Postby Guest » May 22nd, 2007, 3:29 pm

This is the best viral tool Ive seen yet, have Criss Angel mind freak your friends: http://freakyourmind.com

Postby Guest » May 23rd, 2007, 8:41 pm

The Angel Freakyourmind idea is PHENOMINAL!

Kudos to the genius who came up with the idea, and double-kudos to the video editor.

P&L
D

Postby Guest » May 23rd, 2007, 9:15 pm

The Freakyourmind idea is AWESOME. Thanks for the link!

Hugh Castell

Postby Hugh Castell » May 25th, 2007, 11:33 pm

Yeah, I thought it was a cool idea, too. I tried it out on myself using my home phone number. Watched the video of Criss revealing my name, etc. So, then I did it with my wife's name and her cell phone number. After she watched the video, she started getting calls on her cell phone. No one there when you answer and the number that shows is information for San Francisco. So, now she is not too happy that I used her cell phone number. So far there have been 4 calls. Hope this stops soon. Anyone else have this happen? We have call blocking on the home land line, but apparently you can't block cell phone calls

Postby Guest » May 25th, 2007, 11:56 pm

Freak your mind is really neat. That is too bad you had a problem with it, I used my cell phone and have not had any other calls, other than the one. Could it be coincidence, that someone else is calling. For a while my wife had a problem with a telemarketing group that had gotten her cell phone, maybe it is that sort of thing.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 26th, 2007, 4:03 pm

Is the Criss Angel appearance on Oprah up on YouTube yet?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » May 26th, 2007, 4:21 pm

Go here and see.

Postby Guest » May 26th, 2007, 4:53 pm

Blew my freakin' mind!
I mean, the video was cool but the rest came out of left field.
I can't wait to try it on the wife. If only there was some way I can take the credit?

Gord

Postby Guest » May 26th, 2007, 7:10 pm

That is awesome!
Anyone have any idea how they're editing that? I was waiting for a voiceover, or a cut away, or something, but he cleary enunciated my name, and the final number is revealed with a flourish. Was it recorded 1000 times for each name?

Postby Guest » May 26th, 2007, 8:28 pm

Finally got around to watching the Oprah appearance. What's with the new ambiguous haircut?

Also, they have apparently deleted the 2nd of 3 YouTube segments, the one where Criss finished the knife under cup routine.

Postby Guest » May 27th, 2007, 12:57 pm

Hugh castell said;
After she watched the video, she started getting calls on her cell phone. No one there when you answer and the number that shows is information for San Francisco.
------------------------------------------

Angel does say at the end of the clip; "keep your phone handy" so there might be something there.

I tried it with my name but the thing doesnt recognize some names. Sebastian didnt work; he only reveals the second letter of my name which is cool enough.

But it is the coolest thing ever!

Seb

Return to “Alternative Media”