Chung Ling Soo

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.

Chung Ling Soo

Postby Guest » September 16th, 2006, 2:19 pm

I see over on the banner the book "The Glorious Deception: The Double Life of William Robinson, aka Chung Ling Soo, the "Marvelous Chinese Congurer". Wow what a mouthful.

Anyway I have two questions. One, has anyone read it, and what do you think? The second question has to do with Mr. Robinson. My history is a little shaky, but is that the guy that was killed doing a Bullet Catching Trick?

Frank Dudgeon
Favorite Magician: Ricky Jay

Re: Chung Ling Soo

Postby Frank Dudgeon » September 16th, 2006, 4:14 pm

The Glorious Deception is a great read - highly recommended. The history of magic is fascinating and Mr. Steinmeyer does a marvelous job of making it come to life.

Mr. Robinson was indeed killed performing the Bullet Catch. Just the last of a series of fascinating facts about the man. Read the book.

Frank Dudgeon

Postby Guest » September 16th, 2006, 5:29 pm

Read anything and everything by Mr. Steinmeyer. Your knowledge and your magic will only increase.

Postby Guest » September 17th, 2006, 1:20 pm

Thanks guys. I'll click through and pick it up.

Return to “Alternative Media”