[POLSKA] MVD - new Polish site about magic

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.

[POLSKA] MVD - new Polish site about magic

Postby Guest » December 14th, 2006, 1:46 am

At http://mvd-magia.blogspot.com/ You can find a new Polish site about world of magic and entertainment.

Mundus Vult Decipi is writed in Polish and this ad is mostly for Polish people who read Genii Forum.

Sorry for any mistakes in this post - my English is not very good...

greets and enjoy it - Mundus Vult Decipi
Marcin Lachowicz

Re: [POLSKA] MVD - new Polish site about magic

Postby Guest » December 26th, 2006, 4:41 pm

Interesting site. Maybe we can book Maria Gara for a convention over here sometime.

I don't know if the Masked Magician whose quote is on that page is the same one who caused so much trouble over here, but I certainly wouldn't want a testimonial from him.

At least Maria doesn't have to worry about him exposing her.

Postby Guest » January 5th, 2007, 11:38 pm

Originally posted by Bill Palmer:
At least Maria doesn't have to worry about him exposing her.
Ya, I expose myself enough!
Lol
As for working a convention, I wish I could sometime but I doubt that will ever happen. I dont know of any conventions that would take me without censoring my material. Maybe a midnight show
Hugs and Hissessss,
Maria

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » January 6th, 2007, 10:47 am

Originally posted by SnakeBabe:
I dont know of any conventions that would take me without censoring my material.
I think it depends on how its handled. I know if I was running a convention that had stage acts, Id hire you and Steve in a heartbeat (and not just because Im a lascivious cad whod do anything to get a peek at your private portfolio you mention on your site ;) ). It would have to be a special event for adults only. But I think that theres been recent precedent set for adult oriented events at magic conventions: roasts and joke-offs etc. Yes, they are usually late at night and sure, they end up being a little controversial, but thats because of just a few folks who didnt bother to read the disclaimers regarding the event whine about it after the fact. But, for the most part, I think that they have been proven to be accepted and successful.

Just out of curiosity, how big is your Albino Burmese Python? Mine, Baby, is about 11 or 12 feet. (He doesnt like to be stretched out so its a best guess. I ran a string along his body as best I could then measured it.) Baby is somewhat of a special needs snake. His original owner (we are the third) neglected a sinus infection and now he only has one functioning nostril. Hed have to have reconstructive surgery and thats just too risky. So we have to be very careful to make sure the other remains healthy. Every once in a while, particularly when hes about the shed, he needs to breath through his mouth, so he opens widereally wideand takes a long breath in. There is, of course, a very loud hiss; it freaks people out because it looks so sinister!

Baby is a sweetheart though; loves to slither around and explore whatever he can. Hes the least head-shy snake we have (hes one of three); you can usually pet him like a dog. He has his own two-story condo in our bedroom, which freaks people out even more. You sleep with a snake?!

No, I dont use him for magic; he wont fit in any of my pockets! Hes just one member of the family.

Dustin

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 4:10 am

[QB] Interesting site.
It's nice to hear that :)

[QB]I don't know if the Masked Magician whose quote is on that page is the same one who caused so much trouble over here, but I certainly wouldn't want a testimonial from him.
Yes, it's the same one...
I'm not sure if I understood You well, but quote at that article is not quote OF Masked Magician. It's quote of Maria Gara ABOUT Masked Magician. Author of article used scrap of interview with Maria and translate it into Polish.

greets to all - especially for You Maria :*

BTW. The last sentence in our article about You Maria, means "We wish You a lot of success Maria, and we wish ourselves more such (beautyful female) performers".

Postby Guest » January 28th, 2007, 5:50 pm

dustin,
Youre not a cad...just a man and I like it like that. I will be at a non-magic related convention in your area twice this year. Log into my forum for details and I will be happy to share my photos and videos with you.
As for the Python, I have three now and my largest is 15 feet.
I dont know how a sinus infection would lead to reconstructive surgery. Are you sure the damage is a result of an infection or was the previous owner one of those idiots that feed live rodents to their snakes? I have a boa that is living a great life with one nostril so no worries there. As for the infection that is also part of the albino problem, they have been inbred over and over so much their immune systems are shot to heck. People forget albinism is attractive to us but it is still a genetic defect. Ask any white tiger.

Hugs and Hissessss,
Maria

Postby Guest » January 28th, 2007, 5:51 pm

Marcin,
Thanks for the compliments.

Hugs and Hissessss,
Maria

Return to “Alternative Media”