"The Matrix" style effects done LIVE with Black Art

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.

"The Matrix" style effects done LIVE with Black Art

Postby Guest » July 15th, 2003, 11:24 am

The video is pretty small but it's amazing and funny to boot!

Click on this link: The Matrix does Ping Pong

If you like it there's an archive of other clips from the same TV show which will seriously mess with your perceptions:
Archived clips here

Re: "The Matrix" style effects done LIVE with Black Art

Postby Guest » July 16th, 2003, 8:46 am

Doh, this is the 3rd (I think) of this thread. Assuming mine was the first (under platform magic) :) .

Postby Guest » July 24th, 2003, 3:39 pm

Question: as soon as I saw the Matrix Ping-Pong clip I figured a magician / magic historian had to have been involved. I have a bet with my boss about this. Anyone know the origins, creators or contributors of this effect to this show? patrice_rm@hotmail.com Thanks!

Postby Guest » August 21st, 2003, 8:29 am

I don't know whether there were magicians involved in this very entertaining sketch. Japan does have a long tradition in theatre, and especially in the "Ningyo Joruri" or Bunraku puppet theater of assistants in black. Typically after a short time of watching, the audience stops paying attention to the "men in black." Shows like this on Nihon Television are highly rated. Wish we had more live talent on US television like this. :genii:

Return to “Alternative Media”