Arturo Ascanio

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.

Arturo Ascanio

Postby Guest » June 18th, 2007, 10:54 am

Lately I have been really into Arturo Ascanio's work, so I was thinking about getting [url=http:////tinyurl.com/23ypqp]The Magic of Ascanio Vol.2[/url] . Now I am wondering if this is worth the price, because $52.50 is quite a bit of coin. And is the material taught good/workable?

Sorry for such a "n00b" question. But any help would be great!

Jim Maloney_dup1

Re: Arturo Ascanio

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » June 18th, 2007, 11:21 am

The Ascanio book is very good if you're interested in his work. The double techniques and variations on the Ascanio Spread are very interesting. As far as the tricks go, be aware that a number of them are (very good) variations on Oil and Water and Ace Assemblies. If those tricks don't appeal to you, then you may not get your full money's worth out of it. However, there are some other tricks which are very nice. My favorite is his handling of LePaul's Torn and Restored Card.

-Jim

Jeff Eline

Re: Arturo Ascanio

Postby Jeff Eline » June 28th, 2007, 6:51 pm

Any updates on Vol 3?

Return to “Reference Room”