World Magic Seminar in Vegas

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.

World Magic Seminar in Vegas

Postby Guest » December 19th, 2004, 11:22 am

:help: I am intertested in attending this in Feb 05. Can anyone give me some insight on how to make the most of this function or if its worth the trip. :)

Bill Wells

Re: World Magic Seminar in Vegas

Postby Bill Wells » December 19th, 2004, 3:41 pm

I will be happy to try to answer any questions you may have regarding the World Magic Seminar.

It begins on Sunday, February 20 and ends on Wednesday, February 23. There is a stage show on Monday afternoon, an International Stage Competition on Tuesday afternoon, and an Awards Show on Wednsday afternoon. Teen stage and close competitions, and lectures during the daytime. Close up shows, cabaret show and comedy events in the evening. Let me know exactly what you need to know and I will try to get you an answer.

There should be a schedule of events on the website very shortly.

Bill
Bill Wells

Postby Guest » December 19th, 2004, 5:28 pm

Thanks so much for the reply. I have been checking the website every few days and there isn't anything but past photos. I first wanted to see if I wanted to attend and them make the travel and lodging arrangements. As of now the site doesn't help much with either. I look forward to seeing and hearing more.

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Postby Steve Bryant » December 19th, 2004, 6:33 pm

If you can, go early (or stay longer) and enjoy some of the other magic in town. Mac King for sure, and there is so much more: Amazing Johnathan, Lance, Penn and Teller, and many others.

Postby Guest » December 19th, 2004, 7:28 pm

OOO, yes I agree. I'll stay until friday at least. By the way isn't there a "real" Magic shop somewhere in Vegas. Can't remimber the name.

Postby Guest » December 19th, 2004, 7:32 pm

That would be Denny & Lee Magic Studio.
Check out www.dennymagic.com

Bill Wells

Postby Bill Wells » December 19th, 2004, 8:29 pm

Mr_Misdirection -

If you will email me at rbwells@erols.com, I will send you the schedule for the WMS

Bill
Bill Wells

Glenn Farrington

Postby Glenn Farrington » December 23rd, 2004, 1:03 am

The schedule is back up on the website. It was down for a few days due to server problems. We have a great line up this year...and as usual, many surprises.
Comedy's Easy...Dying Sucks.

Postby Guest » December 24th, 2004, 3:47 pm

Well, I have airfare, rental car all set up. Looks like I am there. Any word on hotel group rates? The Link on the site is empty. Does anyone know what the attendace of this function is?

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 24th, 2004, 7:49 pm

I think the rates at the Orleans are $50 or $60 a night--the most reasonable rates in town and it's a pretty good hotel, too.
Attendance at this convention can not be more than about 850 because that's how many seats are in the big theater. Attendance sometimes ran much higher at the other venues.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Bill Wells

Postby Bill Wells » December 25th, 2004, 5:25 pm

WMS convention rates at the Orleans are $60 for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and $99 for Sunday night. Call the Orleans directly to book your room - (800-675-3267) Be sure to tell them you are with the World Magic Seminar.

Attendance should be around 900. As Richard mentioned the showroom capacity is a limiting factor but with the boxes in back and extra chairs on the wall and at the rear seating is slightly over 900.
Bill Wells

Bill Wells

Postby Bill Wells » December 29th, 2004, 6:14 am

I erred on the Sunday room rate for the WMS. It is $60, the same as the rate for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. The $99 rate is for Friday and Saturday nights. I called the reservations operation at the Orleans to verify this. Be sure to tell them you are attending the World Magic Seminar to get the discount. Hotel number is 1-800-675-3267 and the room block cut-off date is January 1, 2005.
Bill Wells

Bill McFadden

Postby Bill McFadden » December 29th, 2004, 11:33 am

Bill, thank you for the update. The JANUARY 1st cut-off date was something of which I was unaware, so I'd better call the Orleans and reserve. WMS attendees may also want to bear in mind that the dates coincide with Presidents' Day weekend - so please book your room under the WMS sleeping room block. You don't want to incur the ire of Peat and Glenn. :eek:

Bill Wells

Postby Bill Wells » December 29th, 2004, 8:38 pm

Damn! I missed the 7. The cut off date is January 17, 2005. Sorry....fat fingers.
Bill Wells

Postby Guest » December 30th, 2004, 8:07 pm

Thanks for all the info guys. Another question. Are there price breaks on Lance Burton tickets and is there a good block of seats set aside for us?

Bill Wells

Postby Bill Wells » December 31st, 2004, 7:57 am

I don't know if there is a price break, but I will ask Rich. There has always been a block of seats reserved for WMS attendees in the past. I assume we will be able to do so again this time. I don't know that this has been set up with Lance's people yet, but it should be done in the very near future.
As a matter of fact, we are contacting all the magic shows in town to see if discounts are available. According to "Access Vegas", Cooperfield is also in town at the MGM Grand from 2/18 - 3/2. We will be contacting them for ticket discounts as well.
Bill Wells

Postby Guest » January 2nd, 2005, 9:05 pm

OO, thats sounds good, I can overdose for sure this trip.

Return to “Reference Room”