help

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.

help

Postby Guest » March 4th, 2006, 8:21 pm

:help: Does anyone know the card effect where the magician places a card face down between two other cards,shakes them and it visually turns face up.

I have no idea :mad:

John Wilson

Re: help

Postby John Wilson » March 4th, 2006, 8:38 pm

I think you're looking for Paul Harris's Bizarre Twist. There are two phases of the card turning over a la Twisting the Aces and as a kicker the back of the card changes color. This effect was published in the Art of Astonishment, I believe it's in volume one. It was also published previously, but I forget where. Hope this helped.

Postby Guest » March 4th, 2006, 8:48 pm

:D THANKS THATS THE ONE

Postby Guest » March 4th, 2006, 8:58 pm

It was previously published in the booklet Paul Harris Reveals Some of His Most Intimate Secrets.

you can follow up the Bizzare Twist with the Cros Twist which is done with one hand. also in volume 1 of the Art of Astonishments.

Postby Guest » March 4th, 2006, 9:07 pm

Have you heard about David Blaines new stunt? :confused:

John Wilson

Postby John Wilson » March 5th, 2006, 1:13 am

Does it involve not eating and a glass box?? :p

Postby Guest » March 5th, 2006, 11:13 am

:D very funny

Postby Guest » March 17th, 2006, 5:38 pm

:rolleyes: Anyways what are other tricks in that book,because i dont want to buy it for only one trick :confused:

Postby Guest » March 20th, 2006, 12:02 am

Buy the set of three Art of Astonishment books. They're great. Las Vegas Leaper, Reset, Flapjacks, Fizzmaster, signed leaf to tree (can't remember the name of that one), etc...Too many effects to name.

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » March 20th, 2006, 3:30 am

The contents of the Art of Astonishment books can be found here:
Volume 1
Volume 2
Volume 3
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Postby Guest » March 20th, 2006, 5:55 am

Originally posted by Theish:
Have you heard about David Blaines new stunt? :confused:
I'm sure we will have to hear about it often and then more when newbies ask for citations and methods to do it themselves.

How about just telling us when it's gonna be on TV and let's enjoy watching before discussing?

Postby Guest » March 20th, 2006, 7:41 pm

Thank you and good for you Townsend.

Mike Tyler

Postby Mike Tyler » April 1st, 2006, 9:40 pm

Heard Blaine was going to perform a marriage trick... you know, a magician marries a really hot woman...Tadaaaa! He's too late. I think the effect was performed by Copperfield who borrowed the original, and in my opinion much better effect from Michael Ammar! Kudo's to both men for giving us magicians hope! :)

Return to “Reference Room”