Availability of Texan 45 Palmettos

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.
Adrian Kuiper

Availability of Texan 45 Palmettos

Postby Adrian Kuiper » November 16th, 2005, 8:33 am

In May of 2004, James Foster wrote about finding the "hard-to-find" Texan Palmettos cards in a Texas grocery store. I'm wondering if anyone knows if they're STILL available and, if so, would they be willing to purchase a few decks for me.

"We don't got 'dem in Florida"....<grin>

Thanks...
Adrian

Bill Palmer

Re: Availability of Texan 45 Palmettos

Postby Bill Palmer » November 17th, 2005, 8:09 pm

The Texas 45's that are currently available are not the Texas Palmettos. At least, that is the information I have. They are available only in red backs.

You can find them at Newt's Cards. http://www.newtscards.com/detail.asp?PR ... EFERER=hoc
Bill Palmer, MIMC

Adrian Kuiper

Postby Adrian Kuiper » November 18th, 2005, 4:53 am

Thank Bill.
I have some of the Texan 45's.....seems they're available all over the place. I picked up a few decks from eBay. I like them. I was MORE curious about the edge-marking feature of the Palmetto version.

Maybe some day they'll turn up.

Thanks again...
Adrian

James Foster

Postby James Foster » November 18th, 2005, 8:47 am

The Texans that I found in bulk at a Texas grocery store were, in fact, the Palmettos. There are no more at the store I visited, but they were the "real deal" that I had previously purchased via Jeff Busby. I've got no idea how they got to the store or why they are no longer available, but they were there. Sorry I can't help you out in your search. Good luck.

James

Bill Palmer

Postby Bill Palmer » November 25th, 2005, 8:10 am

There was a time, before the most recent takeover of USPCCo, that they actually made many, many different decks of cards. You could, in fact, purchase any deck design with either a rough or smooth finish, if you ordered enough of them. Frank Garcia used this to great advantage in one of his ace cutting routines, if I'm not mistaken.

But now if a design doesn't sell, the "bottomliners" take over, and it gets zapped.

Too bad. They had some great cards at one time.
Bill Palmer, MIMC

Return to “Reference Room”