small glass or crystal ball???

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.
Tabman

small glass or crystal ball???

Postby Tabman » July 27th, 2004, 7:01 am

im looking for a small, about 2 inches in diameter glass ball or crystal ball to make up the old card in the crystal ball effect, i think i first saw it in scarne's card book in the 50s but the memory??, you know!!. i had one about an inch in diameter with a clear shell at one point but i didnt like the method. if anybody can direct me id appreciate it.
-=tabman

Jeff Haas

Re: small glass or crystal ball???

Postby Jeff Haas » July 27th, 2004, 11:38 am

Order acrylic "crystal" balls here:

http://www.tapplastics.com/

Click on "Rods, Tubes and Shapes" on the left. Then "Cast Acrylic Spheres." Available in sizes 1/4" to 3."

If you have one of these stores near you, they have this stuff available all the time, you can walk in and buy it.

Jeff

Tabman

Postby Tabman » July 27th, 2004, 12:09 pm

Jeff Haas kindly told tabman:
Order acrylic "crystal" balls here:
thanks a lot jeff. no stores here in tennessee but i just ordered a two incher. much obliged! -=tabman

Postby Guest » July 27th, 2004, 10:12 pm

Doc Eason sells "Crystal Ball Mystery". I beleive it's probably the effect you're working on. If not for the ball you should get it for the handling sublties.
www.doceason.com

KW

Tabman

Postby Tabman » July 28th, 2004, 5:53 am

Keven Williams points out:
Doc Eason sells "Crystal Ball Mystery". I beleive it's probably the effect you're working on.
thanks keven, you're right, doc is great. i introduced him to dante larsen when dante was the editor of genii and as a result dante did a cover story on doc and his magic. i will check his website and see about ordering it. soon i'll have more crystal balls than the gypsy fortune teller b4 this is over with. thanks mucho. -=el tab

Postby Guest » August 4th, 2004, 8:07 pm

Tabby,

You are really getting back into magic with a vengance! Did you sell your entire library 10 years ago?

How is the 5" card shelf coming?

Regards from your fellow TN friend,

Jon

Postby Guest » August 5th, 2004, 6:08 am

Jon - now you're talking! I think a five inch bookshelf of card magic is enough for anyone! They say anything over six inches is a waste, anyway... --Asrah

Tabman

Postby Tabman » August 5th, 2004, 6:55 am

Jon A. Hand wonders: Tabby,Did you sell your entire library 10 years ago?
i sold the bulk of it but kept a few books that had some personal meaning to me, you know, stuff i just couldnt part with like all the genii mags with dai vernon on the cover, jamy stuff, scotty stuff, maven, frank garcia, gift books from kozak, ammar, obie, biro and some others.
How is the 5' card shelf coming?
im having fun with that. im in the shop this week finishing up some train tables and ive decided to actually make a nice five foot shelf using some hundred year old mahogany i collected in pittsburgh when i was working over there at the funny bone with kozak. ill post a pic when its done.
-=tabman

Tabman

Postby Tabman » August 14th, 2004, 5:50 pm

Keven Williams let me know:
Doc Eason sells "Crystal Ball Mystery". I beleive it's probably the effect you're working on.
thanks again for the tip kevin. i ordered the ball from doc and it came in today. its just what i was looking for. a big plus is that i am back in touch with an old friend and we are cooking up some stuff now for later on this fall. i really appreciate the suggestion. the older you get the faster things seem to move so its good to slow down and check on old friends. best to ya!!!!

Return to “Reference Room”