zombie act, want to find, need your help, please!

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.

zombie act, want to find, need your help, please!

Postby Guest » March 7th, 2003, 2:20 pm

Saw part of a very funny act on the comedy channel. I caught a fellow telling some jokes and closed with a great zombie routine. With the theme from 2001 playing, as the crescendos built so did the intensity and force of the spheres movement behind the cloth, thus, creating a subtle sexual innuendo. It was great! I would like to get a copy, how would I go about that?

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Re: zombie act, want to find, need your help, please!

Postby Steve Bryant » March 7th, 2003, 8:23 pm

I don't know who you saw, but Amazing Johnathan does this near the end of his act.

Tom Ladshaw

Postby Tom Ladshaw » March 7th, 2003, 10:31 pm

I remember Judy Carter doing the exact same bit in the 70's ("Thus Spake Zarathustra" and all). Except instead of a zombie ball, she used a stalk of celery.

T. Ladshaw
New Orleans, LA

Postby Guest » March 14th, 2003, 11:31 am

That was the last Amazing Jonathon special shot for I believe HBO?

I think he called it the "Floating Ball Of Mystery"

Postby Guest » March 14th, 2003, 12:33 pm

Best Zombie I've ever seen is Ron Fitzgerald's. He does it using the original concept of the ball stealing the assistant's soul. (The assistant then slumps over an onstage tombstone for the rest of the routine.)

WELL, the girl's soul is just a tad miffed at being wrenched from her body, and forces the ball to circle and attack Ron at an amazing speed. After enduring the zombie assault, Ron returns the girl's soul to her body.

First Zombie I've ever seen that makes sense in terms of actually having a plot.

Kevin Burke

Return to “Reference Room”