NFW

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.

NFW

Postby Guest » January 13th, 2004, 2:05 pm

Hi,

Can any of you nice people give me any advice on NFW When I go to do the first Elmsley, the card with the double sided tape adheres to the one above quite strongly and is out of alignment. How can I get over this. Sorry if this sounds complicated but those who have NFW Will know what I am on about.

Yours in Magic Barry

Re: NFW

Postby Guest » January 13th, 2004, 2:39 pm

Poking tape with your finger reduces its stickiness.

May I suggest that you wander to Magic, Feb. 2001 I believe, and look at NFWs father Twixter by Jason Alford. I believe it to be superior to NFW.
Steve V

Gary Freed

Postby Gary Freed » January 14th, 2004, 3:57 pm

Steve, I believe it was the February 1999 issue. Check it out, it is excellent.

Postby Guest » February 9th, 2004, 7:17 pm

Work in the tape with your thumb until it sticks, but not too much.

It is a fine line between what is and is not sticking too much. I had that trouble as well at first, but you get used to it.

You need to get the tape to the point where it sticks only slightly and yet a good firm pressure will make it "stay stuck"!

-Richard
rsnedden@closeupmagic.org
:genii:

Steve V

Postby Steve V » February 9th, 2004, 11:13 pm

Gary is correct, 1999, I don't know why I put 2001.
Steve V
Steve V

Return to “Reference Room”