Dean Dill Equivoque Approach Reference

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.

Dean Dill Equivoque Approach Reference

Postby Guest » September 10th, 2007, 12:42 pm

I am looking for help in finding this por favor: I read an effect (NOT listed as Dean Dill's) somewhere where an equivoque approach of Dean Dill et al was listed within the effect. Further, if I remember correctly, it was in either Genii, Magic, or Linking Ring within the last few years. Unfortunately, I don't remember what the effect was, which I am sure does not help matters of finding it again. None the less, does anyone know where this might be? Thanks.

Re: Dean Dill Equivoque Approach Reference

Postby Guest » September 11th, 2007, 8:48 am

Hi,

I think the effect you are after is an ace assembly that Jim Sawin published in his 'The Card Expert' column in GENII. This would have been about 3 or 4 years ago. Unfortunately I don't know the title (although I remember the use of a Dean Dill equivoque idea).

You could try checking the Indexes for GENII which are published every December. Also you could contact Jim at www.jimswain.com

Better still, does anyone else remember the Jim Swain ace assembly? I think he published two methods for 'ace assemblies' in the same issue. The first was a 'difficult' method and the second was an 'easy' method. The Equivoque sequence is used in the easier method...

Joe

Philippe Billot

Postby Philippe Billot » September 11th, 2007, 9:38 am

For Psychic Ace Assembly , see Genii, Vol. 64, N 5, may 2001, page 67

Postby Guest » September 11th, 2007, 12:58 pm

The Equivoque procedure of Dean's that you are referring to is also in Aaron Fisher's The Paper Engine (in 2001: an Ace Odyssey). It was also in the instructions of Bob Kohler's Aces in Their Faces.

Postby Guest » September 12th, 2007, 11:55 am

Thanks guys. That answers what I was looking for.

Return to “Reference Room”